Long Distance Friendships :-(

Oh yes.. I tried cats and dogs first of course. Nope, she is reallly scared of them... thus the hamster idea. They are so little and fluffy
hu.gif

When we were in Mesa (FA training)... they had us all housed in these rooms at a hotel that the airline owned. It was very much in the city... and there was a pet bunny rabbit hopping about.. so fat!

There was also this kitty.. and he would come around everyday (over the fence) when we got out of training. He was the sweetest cat I've ever met in my life! And I once had a sweet cat that thought he was a dog. Anyway.. this kitty would walk right up to me, a stranger and rub all over my legs.. leap up into my lap and pet his own face against my hand... I didn't have to do anything to encourage him.
He was also... completely emaciated (ribs sticking waaay out) and his tail had set very bent because of a break. He was beautiful black and white with long hair on his tail.

Of course.. the first day I saw him... I made Tani (we had to pair up to leave the grounds, bad neighborhood
roll.png
) run out with me right away to get a bag of food. I felt so horrible about how skinny he was I was upset at every little delay. Tani couldn't understand why I was crying in the supermarket... LOL.. Do I sound like a sap yet?

So I fed him out by the back (near the fence) for a few days.. he looked slightly better.. and would 'help' me study everyday by laying all over my papers
love.gif

Then the instructor got wind of it. Apparently... we were being 'watched'. And it was against the rules to feed animals.. except for the bunny
he.gif

He was almost sarving to death! I begged and pleaded with the instructor to let me feed him for a few more days.. while I tried to find a no-kill shelter that would take him since he was such a sweetie! He deserved a good home! She said No.. in no uncertain terms. Told me I could leave training and feed whatever animals at home I wanted to.

So after I called all the shelters (no one was accepting cats!) I put an add on craigslist about him.. suitably pathetic sounding and praising his sweetness and prettiness.. and then Tani and I snuck him food in the middle of the night
hide.gif

3 days later a nice lady came and picked him up! I was soooo nervous that no one had responded yet.... then sooo happy that he found a good home!

Anyway.. Tani did pet him on the head a few times... but she just didn't 'get' why I should care if he was hungry.

She IS a really great, sweet person though!
love.gif

She just doesent understand animals
hu.gif

I bet if she was starving and homeless she'd want someone to feed and shelter her.

I don't understand why they didn't want you guys to feed the cat. It's not like you were stealing food from them to feed it. You went out and bought it some food.
I'm a complete sap too when it comes to animals needing help.
That's why I need to live on a property with lots of room. I'm probably going to end up taking a lot of unwanted animals.
roll.png

Umm.. Bettas.. wrapping. Well, the male wraps himself around the female and squeezes her eggs out.

Love Cherry Blossom in photos! Love it! But I've never seen it in real life. I want some. I just dont think many people grow them all the way over here.

The cat... they said they didn't want the cat to be coming back around the property.
hu.gif
It was just for a few days.. and he would have kept coming back for the snuggles anyway!!

Psh!
smack.gif
That cat would've kept coming back whether you fed it or not.

My boyfriend's aunt's in-laws have a cherry blossom tree in their front yard. It's soooo pretty.
They live in Alabama, where we want to move, but have no money.
sad.png

It's hard to move out of state. You need a house to have a job, but you need a job to get a house!
barnie.gif

I thought your fish was really pretty. Why won't you let them wrap?

Ohh I'm letting them wrap! Theyve wrapped twice... but I meant that no eggs have come out yet. Its their first spawn.. so it will take them a few tries. At the moment they are on opposite sides of the tank... the male (Firefly) was being a bit agressive so Tinkerbell is in hiding
hide.gif

I want some baby fish now you fishies!

Don't they start killing each other if you leave them together too long?
I've heard that..that's why when you go to the store the Betta fish are in separate containers.
Right?

I want a fish!
hit.gif

I still have my teeny tank.

Oh man, I have so many long distance friends! I lived in the UK and other parts of Europe before i came here - living under a British passport - I hate to think that they're going to take away the borderless Europe thing!

I keep in touch through email. Despite being vibrant young people, none of us use Facebook much at all unless it's urgent contact with someone organising a communal event
roll.png
I miss them like heck though!

Well yes.. the other name for Bettas is Siamese Fighting Fish. The males do fight each other. TheFemales can be aggressive with one another.. but if raised together (siblings) they can do very well in a large tank.

When a male and female are together.. they both may nip one another and damage fins
hit.gif
... but as long as they have some room for the female to get away and things for her to hide behind, they dont really.. ahem.. cause one another to pass.

The babies (fry) can be left together until you are able to distinguish male from female... then they get seperated before the males start to fight over territory.

I'll send you a fish if I *ever* have more babies! These two have been so fustrating its not funny. Ive had them together several times and this was the first time they tried to wrap. I want some babies you bad fishes or I'll give you fishie spankings! (It's impossible to spank a fish.. if no one knew that!
tongue.png
)

Ahh but his bubblenest is soo big... The males blow big nests of spit bubbles at the surface of the water, all sticking together.. and thats where they put the eggs up after they come out.... if they ever come out!!

Ill work on some pictures for you if you like...

Oh wow, I would love Bettas! I've heard a lot about them from friends, and seen them at a couple of associates' houses. They're beautiful creatures, aren't they? Absolutely magnificent!

I also love cherry blossom trees. We used to have some in our local park
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom