Long Islanders.... I know you are out there

Hello all, I live in selden and just got my first 2 chickens, 2 barred rocks. I am getting into urban farming and homesteading and am looking for some local groups to join. Are there any groups or meet-ups here on LI to join for homesteading, urban farming or permaculture? I see lots of meet-ups in NYC and manhattan but nothing here on LI...... tom

Hello all, I live in selden and just got my first 2 chickens, 2 barred rocks. I am getting into urban farming and homesteading and am looking for some local groups to join. Are there any groups or meet-ups here on LI to join for homesteading, urban farming or permaculture? I see lots of meet-ups in NYC and manhattan but nothing here on LI...... tom

Don't know any local groups, but maybe you can touch base through related groups.

We are getting two Rhode island Reds and an Egger to start. I had RIR's 30 years ago and enjoyed them
smile.png
We are not going to raise chickens for meat...just eggs.

It's good to see so many local folks doing the chicken thing! I'm in Miller Place, 10 minutes from Selden!

I have chickens, and do alot of gardening, and canning-along with other homesteading stuff! Gimme a shout if you want to compare notes. I'd love to see what you're working on!

-Rosie

Hi Rosie
Right now I am basing the coop on one that I found on this forum. Harrisville coop?? With some mods. We have the framing almost complete.
We were getting 3 hens...I was just informed by my wife that it is noiw 4 LOL. If I can figure out how to post the pics I will
smile.png

Frank

Back
Top Bottom