Long Islanders.... I know you are out there

Welcome, I'm a first time chicken owner myself. Right now I have 6 Easter Eggers that reside in a big rubbermaid bin in my livingroom

LOL! my 6 are in my den off the dining area. THANK GOODNESS for rubbermaid! i think i need a larger one. they are growing so quickly. they are quickly developing personalities. the plymouths are a little more docile while the Buff orpingtons are more vocal. one of the plymouths is quite attached to me. perches on my finger and walks up my arm. so darn cute!

I would say if you are allowed to have them it's your choice. And if you like your neighbors, if they would mind or not. Just keep in mind, with a rooster you could end up with more chicks if the birds mate. If that's not an issue then I say go for it.

Making slow progress, almost ready to put up the siding after I frame in the south facing window and the pop door. Tacked the east window into its framing and nest box for now just for fun.

Still need to level the ground though, before the coop gets much heavier to move around... pardon the blue tarp covering plywood roof - want to paint the plywood on roof before I put up the corrugated PVC over top.

Meanwhile here are the girls on their first outdoor adventure Tuesday afternoon when it was so nice out!

How is the coop coming along?

Hit some life delays. As of last night the two side walls are up including pop door on run side and maintenance hatch on opposite wall. Hopefully by end of weekend will have walls on the short side with full sized barn clean out doors and on tall side around the window and nest box. Will be moving them outside in a week or two with the brooder lamp inside the coop for now. How are yours?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom