Long shot, sexing silkie x cuckoo marans, what to expect?

The two ladies I got from Big Sister are VERY differnt from their brothers. They are very black. Black eyes and black skin black feathers from hatch. The boys had super obvious combs from hatch and the white spots on their heads.The boys had black down when they hatched but as they feathered in it was cuckoo. The combs were already showing from hatch. The cockerels also had green eyes. X with my recessive white silkie. Just in case anyone found themselves wondering in the same position I was in. The first pic is pullet.The second cockerel. Thanks again junebuggena. Pics taken at 1 month

Last edited:
The two ladies I got from Big Sister are VERY differnt from their brothers. They are very black. Black eyes and black skin black feathers from hatch. The boys had super obvious combs from hatch and the white spots on their heads.The boys had black down when they hatched but as they feathered in it was cuckoo. The combs were already showing from hatch. The cockerels also had green eyes. X with my recessive white silkie. Just in case anyone found themselves wondering in the same position I was in. The first pic is pullet.The second cockerel. Thanks again junebuggena. Pics taken at 1 month

Isn't it nice not having to wait months to know! I love sexlinked genes. Makes it so much simpler.

Back
Top Bottom