1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Long time chicken/goose/duck owner now downsized in Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by NLewisColorado, Nov 3, 2013.

1. NLewisColorado

NLewisColorado Hatching

Nov 3, 2013
    Hi, I'm a long time BY chicken (goose/duck) owner, but due to economy/job loss had to sell my little farmette in MD, and I relocated to downtown Colorado Springs. Loving the mountain views and hiking! Before leaving Maryland, we re-homed all our pets to excellent homes. As they allow urban chickens in Co.Springs, my daughter bought me a few chicks (supposedly all hens) to start over. 2 Black Copper, 1 lavender maran, 2 Barnevelders, and one little chick hatched at our old place, a polish mix.
    Unfortunately, one of the Barnevelder hens has sprouted a comb and glorious tail feathers. I'm looking to rehome him for free, would consider selling the pair for someone who wants to raise this breed. I just learned they were named chicken of the year in 2013!
    lol what luck.

Being new to the area I don't want to post on Craigslist, and really don't know anybody around here who might be able to take him.

So if anyone in the Colorado Springs/nearby area can help, please contact me. I just started a new job, and also wonder if there is a "chicken care share" or something like that in the area? Back in Maryland, neighbors shared care when needed, it was great to have a group to pitch in for this.

Thanks so much!
    Nichole Lewis in Colorado Springs

2. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Crowing

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Welcome! Glad you joined BYC! :~D

3. NLewisColorado

NLewisColorado Hatching

Nov 3, 2013
    Thanks! I'm so happy that I can have chicks in the city here, I really miss my open space, but the chicks make it feel like home.

4. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

Welcome and enjoy!
    Steve. :frow

5. NLewisColorado

NLewisColorado Hatching

Nov 3, 2013
    Thanks Steve, I see you are from the east coast! And you have a great assortment of chickens!

6. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by