Long time chicken/goose/duck owner now downsized in Colorado Springs

NLewisColorado

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 3, 2013
Hi, I'm a long time BY chicken (goose/duck) owner, but due to economy/job loss had to sell my little farmette in MD, and I relocated to downtown Colorado Springs. Loving the mountain views and hiking! Before leaving Maryland, we re-homed all our pets to excellent homes. As they allow urban chickens in Co.Springs, my daughter bought me a few chicks (supposedly all hens) to start over. 2 Black Copper, 1 lavender maran, 2 Barnevelders, and one little chick hatched at our old place, a polish mix.
Unfortunately, one of the Barnevelder hens has sprouted a comb and glorious tail feathers. I'm looking to rehome him for free, would consider selling the pair for someone who wants to raise this breed. I just learned they were named chicken of the year in 2013!
lol what luck.

Being new to the area I don't want to post on Craigslist, and really don't know anybody around here who might be able to take him.

So if anyone in the Colorado Springs/nearby area can help, please contact me. I just started a new job, and also wonder if there is a "chicken care share" or something like that in the area? Back in Maryland, neighbors shared care when needed, it was great to have a group to pitch in for this.

Thanks so much!
Nichole Lewis in Colorado Springs

Thanks! I'm so happy that I can have chicks in the city here, I really miss my open space, but the chicks make it feel like home.

Back
Top Bottom