Long zip and now side laying?!

TillyD

Songster
Jun 1, 2022
We hatched our first batch this past weekend. On Monday morning, day 22, we had 5 hatched and 5 pipped. On Tuesday evening 9 were hatched and one had pipped, started to zip and then stopped. We could see her breathing and moving. We spent hours assisting her zip, and eventually, with a lot of help, she hatched... That was about 5 hours ago. She still hasn't gotten her legs under her, and is laying on her side. She'll curl them up to her and act like she is going to get to her belly, but won't stay there. I have turned her to her belly a half dozen times and she just rolls to her side.... She was panting/chewing at birth, so I gave her .3ml of electrolyte solution, which she took without issue... But she still lays on her side. She is chirping, and keeps flailing like she is trying to turn to her belly, but then doesnt... Her legs are sometimes curled to her and sometimes straight out, but not splayed. More straight down?
We are first time hatchers and have no idea what to do! Any advice?
Video is about an hour after hatch, and before electrolytes.... I'm worried there is something seriously wrong with her... :( Thank you for any help!

ETA: She is now laying on her tummy, but one leg is straight behind her, and the other is tucked under her...

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220601-035317_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220601-035317_Gallery.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom