Longest egg laying streak...

So, we are up to 84 & 80 straight days...

I thought I was going to have to report the end of one of the runs, but it was a false alarm. I went out Friday to "collect rent" and only found 2 eggs (one large one and one from the girl who's eggs are smaller and come every other day); BUT, Saturday, I went out to find 3 of the large eggs (I guess the gal with the sense of humor decided to lay one later in the day after I left the day before), so back to an egg a day status!

DeepFried, how many days did your streak last?

I have one who is on 60 and another one on 37. The one on 37 is debatable because she skipped two days in her first week. But the day before she skipped, she laid two eggs on the day before on each occasion so I am not counting them as skipped days. She is a RIR (possibly production red), The ISA Brown Marcy on day 60 hasn't skipped a day since she started on July 25th.

Junibutt,

I have not posted on this thread in a while because... well, the girls just haven't given me something to post about lately. I guess several factors have contributed to the short streaking... In the spring, a friend of mine wanted me to go with him to get some more birds for his flock... I came home with more as well. After the integration, the "veterans" cared more about rank establishment than egg production. Then the hot weather began... We just recently got rain after a 6 week drought. As of now, I am getting 3+- a day from 5 hens; none have laid more than a few days in a row.

Hopefully the cool fall and the mild winter (in Mississippi) will spurn the beginning of another end of the year run...

Junibutt,

I have not posted on this thread in a while because... well, the girls just haven't given me something to post about lately. I guess several factors have contributed to the short streaking... In the spring, a friend of mine wanted me to go with him to get some more birds for his flock... I came home with more as well. After the integration, the "veterans" cared more about rank establishment than egg production. Then the hot weather began... We just recently got rain after a 6 week drought. As of now, I am getting 3+- a day from 5 hens; none have laid more than a few days in a row.

Hopefully the cool fall and the mild winter (in Mississippi) will spurn the beginning of another end of the year run...

Well good luck. I know pecking order can be very stressful. I brought some young pullets 5 weeks ago that were singing like crazy when I got them, but they have just started laying eggs because they are being beat-up every day all day long. One still hasn't laid. She has been flame red for 4 weeks now but I think she is too stressed out. I am in Chicago btw and molting is about to hit soon. Hopefully my string continues for a while.

Back
Top Bottom