Longest egg laying streak...

DeepFried

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 10, 2012
Similar to the "How many eggs today..."; what is the longest streak anybody has seen a hen lay without missing a day?

My two that are laying began on November 20th and 23rd and have not missed a day yet. They both lay between 6:00 and 6:30 like clock work (don't tell them I have to be at work by 7:00) with no odd shaped or non-shelled egg so far. The first 3-4 were large size, now we are up to X-large sized now. 28 & 24 and counting.

Everybody don't be shy...

Last edited:
Well, up to 30 days straight so far...

Peggy-Sue, is your hen still on her streak?

My white leghorn Snow White, started laying just shy of her 19 week birthday. She laid 5 eggs then had some issues with soft shell and days of no eggs. Then, on her 18th day after starting to lay, she laid one perfect white egg and continued doing the same every day for 56 days.

After that time she started laying about 7 eggs in a row and either taking the day off or laying a soft shell egg. She molted at the end of October and hasn't resumed laying. She has laid a total of 197 usable eggs this year.

Well, we are at 45 days and 41 days for my two layers... such troopers.

Bobbieschicks, 56 is my flocks "new goal"!

We don't have any good streaks going now all our girls decided to take a break over the past few days... Looking at my egg tracker for December, we got 85 eggs from 4 hens!!!
bow.gif
Whats awesome is they all started laying in that first week of December!

Back
Top Bottom