LOOK at my new spoiled rotton baby!New video, 12/6/11

thumbsup.gif
:thumbsup
Quote:
I do not know one single thing about PBP but I can tell you what I did with a almost 400 lb Duroc Boar...named Red Man.
lol.png
I taught him to do that because he loved belly rubs. I raised him from birth...he was the runt and mam tried to kill him so I took him away and hid him in my closet and fed him with a baby bottle.
big_smile.png
He loved the garden hose...OMG he would go nuts and come charging across the pasture just to get squirted.

I taught him to do the "bang" and fall over thing. I would walk up to him and yell "BANG" he would fall onto his side with his feet sticking straight out and snort at me. I would rub his belly for awhile and he was in hog heaven.
smile.png

He would do sit, stay and follow. He was easier train than the dogs. LOL He loved riding in my truck...I made a ramp for him to run up and into the back of my truck, put on his safety belt and go. He stuck his head through the center window. Happy as could be to go all over town in the back of truck. I used motorcycle tie downs strapped to his harness as a safety belt for him. LOL

He died of natural causes, peacefully with me holding his head in my lap at almost 9 years old.

Sadly, all of my pictures of Redman were polaroids (did not have fancy cameras back then) and they were all lost during Hurricane Andrew.
sad.png
Almost all of my pictures from childhood were gone that day.

But PIGS ROCK!

If you haven't already, check out my thread in Random Ramblings titled " One hunded and one and counting, this will give you a idea what I'm going through right now. I do want to teach my PBPs tricks but at the moment I have to try and get myself well. I do feel like I am getting somewhat better but its really hard to deal with everyday life. I spend 24/7 with my girls now. I feel like this is the time to teach them tricks while they are so young. Hopefully I will be able to accomplish this. If I do teach them some tricks I will pass them on to you and if you manage any tricks would you pass them on to me? As you can tell I am working with a handicap. Even if my girls do not learn any tricks I will still love them. I'm hoping with the weight gain, feeling better and the warmer weather I can accomplish some tricks for my girls. I also don't know any thing about pigs. Heres to luck for both of us!
thumbsup.gif

Stormy is off the bottle, Yah hoo!!! This task was definately easier said than done. I'm saying this because it seems the main function in a pigs life is to just eat.
gig.gif
She will still get up during the night and come to me and try her luck but I had to just ignore her. After a few minutes she will go and get back into her and Pitunias bed. Stormy is far more needier of my time than Pitunia is. I can tell the difference since I got Pitunia at 8 weeks old and Stormy at 7 days old.

Snakeman has made the comment again about how much one of the dogs loves the pigs because she is always licking them. What I have tried to make him understand is the dog has earned the cleaning up of the pigs mouths after the bottle feedings and eating. This one dog has worked hard to keep that position away from the other dogs.
gig.gif
Totally hilarious

That's great! I remember Hilda, they sure don't like the whole weaning thing! Hilda's life is still all about food!

Quote:
Stormy got up tonight to get a drink of water. She walked right past me and didn't stop not once to try her chances for the bottle. I guess she has figured it out.
gig.gif

Well Stormy never did come to me during the entire night last night to try for her bottle. {sniff sniff} I know its good to have her weaned but its like my baby is growing up. After spending the last 7 weeks bottle feeding her 24/7 it just seems strange for her not to wake me up. I laugh at myself now because when she was real little I was afraid I wouldn't hear her and wake up to feed her. If you have a baby pig though you do know they will squeal until you get up to feed them. There is no way to sleep through it. She is still so much more needier than her older sister Pitunia. I figure this is because they were taken away from there birth mothers at different ages. I am extremely happy I got the second PBP though. Just seeing Pitunia and her together is priceless. They are the bestest of friends.
gig.gif

Hey Sara! Sorry I haven't posted new pics of Horton yet, my camera's batteries are dead, and I keep forgetting to charge them. I will get some soon, well as soon as his pen dries out. It is a mud pit right now from all the rain! But he has a nice, huge dog house to sleep in, so at least he is dry in that respect.

I almost got a friend for him last week! There was a baby PBP at the auction. Unfortunately, I am more in the 'selling' mode right now, as opposed to the 'buying' mode. And this baby was pure WHITE!! I have never seen a pure white PBP!! But the person that had brought it breeds them, and she said she always has white ones, along with black and spotted. I told redhen about it, and she said I should get a white girl to breed with Horton, so I could send a baby to her!
gig.gif
Horton is not fixed, so I'm thinking another male would be a bad idea. I don't even know if this baby was male or female, all I know is that I couldn't afford it. But I will, in another month or so, if she has some then
fl.gif

Quote:
You gotta get Hortan a friend. I haven't regretted getting the second one not once. See what you did to me.
gig.gif
A white one, wow that sounds so beautiful. I know I had the dogs for Pitunia to play with but its not the same. My girls stick to each other like glue. The only time they act like they don't like each other is if one of them gets to close to the others food bowl.
gig.gif
It is after all about the food for them.
gig.gif

I had someone come today looking to buy some of my white silkies but man with all this rain and the mud they looked a mess. I almost didn't want to show them.

Do you remember what the white one sold for? I just saw a picture of a white adult pbp online. She was striking!
I would think the white comes from breeding pots to a farm pig, somewhere along the line. Maybe generations back. Unless it was an albino.

I had two whites, the first one's name was Crisco and the second one's name was Piglet, she had one blue eye. They were pretty! But I have to say I'm pretty fond of the pintos!

Back
Top Bottom