Look at this dedicated man!! (=

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by baldie, Feb 16, 2009.

1. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Okay, so I go down to the coop the other day and this is what I found!! I had to go and grab the camera!! He is such a ladies man, waiting patiently for her to lay her egg so they can go wander together!! [​IMG] Does this happen often? I have never seen anything like it!! And she did lay her egg by the way!![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Too cute!

3. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    That is too cute. I get a kick out of how sweet the roos are with their girls. I just love it when they talk to them and tell them here's the food then they pick it up in their beaks and drop it for them. So sweet.

4. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Thanks!! He is funny, they all trample him when it's treat time!! I have to pick him up and give him his seperate. He's always under my feet at that time!! He doesn't even act like a roo.[​IMG]

5. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I had to go get my camera yesterday too. Look at these young love birds.
    [​IMG]

6. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Awesome picture!! They are so cute together!! And pretty birds by the way! [​IMG] My other roo's don't do this!! I love it![​IMG]

7. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I had an Americauna roo that was a beauty and he was so good to all his girls. He'd even give his food to his fav. hen. I had to give him away because he wasn't good to my 2 yr. old son.

8. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    that is very cute. my roos or should i say roo do that all the time. they are so cute sitting up there waiting for her to lay an egg.

9. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Chickens are awesome, aren't they!! I just love their personalities.[​IMG]

10. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Quote:They really are. Each unique. Most non-chicken people don't know this and I think that is why they look at me funny when I talk about my chickens. [​IMG] If they only knew what us wise ones know!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by