Look at what I was given!!

silkieluver_07

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
My grandfather gave this to my dad right before he passed away. It was intended for his granddaughter, which is me. It's a locket my grandad found in the woods while hunting. It's inscribed with Belva and the year 1908.
smile.png
That makes it 101 years old.
ep.gif

Here is some pictures of it:

6136_014.jpg

6136_015.jpg

I've never worn it, but I'm thinking about getting it cleaned and touched up. Maybe even find a little history about it.
smile.png

That's beautiful!!!!!! You'll have to let us know if you find out anything about the history of it. I'm sure it would speak volumes if it had a voice.
thumbsup.gif

What an absolute treasure!!! You are so lucky to be able to have something like this. It probably cost $2.98 back in the day, which was a fortune to them! You need to have it valued by a jewerler or a good antique person!!! It is gorgeous!! Love that cross!!

Quote:
I wonder what the value of it might be worth? The stone to the far left looks like a real diamond but I'm not positive. It's brighter than the others. I'm assuming the chain isn't real gold because its starting to turn a little green. I love the cross also! THanks so much for the compliments everyone!

OH HANNAH!!!!! Gorgeous! I have one very similar to that, that belonged to my great grandfather. It has a picture inside of him, and my great gmom holding my grandma. Nothing is more precious!

Back
Top Bottom