Look at what I was given!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by silkieluver_07, Sep 17, 2009.

1. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    My grandfather gave this to my dad right before he passed away. It was intended for his granddaughter, which is me. It's a locket my grandad found in the woods while hunting. It's inscribed with Belva and the year 1908. [​IMG] That makes it 101 years old. [​IMG]

Here is some pictures of it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've never worn it, but I'm thinking about getting it cleaned and touched up. Maybe even find a little history about it. [​IMG]

2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    That's beautiful!!!!!! You'll have to let us know if you find out anything about the history of it. I'm sure it would speak volumes if it had a voice. [​IMG]

3. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

What an absolute treasure!!! You are so lucky to be able to have something like this. It probably cost $2.98 back in the day, which was a fortune to them! You need to have it valued by a jewerler or a good antique person!!! It is gorgeous!! Love that cross!!

4. kagedgoddess

kagedgoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    virginia
    cool!

5. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    dont get it cleaned it can ruin it since it is so old they will probably tell you that if you take it somewhere

6. elijahboy

elijahboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    Must I say

Antiques Roadshow

7. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I wonder what the value of it might be worth? The stone to the far left looks like a real diamond but I'm not positive. It's brighter than the others. I'm assuming the chain isn't real gold because its starting to turn a little green. I love the cross also! THanks so much for the compliments everyone!

8. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:I love Antique Roadshow!!!! There is never any around my area though.

9. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Wow! That's really cool! [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

OH HANNAH!!!!! Gorgeous! I have one very similar to that, that belonged to my great grandfather. It has a picture inside of him, and my great gmom holding my grandma. Nothing is more precious!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by