Look at what my girls made me buy today!

Wow. Wish some of you were closer. My girls don't know they're supposed to be slowing down. I've got one slacker and two silkies with chicks, otherwise everyone else is laying almost every day. I've been stockpiling eggs and waiting for them to slow down so I could deworm them. I guess I'm just going to have to do it anyway and waste all those eggs.

Well, I can't complain, up until just recently, I was still getting 2-3 eggs/day, with only 3 hens that are actually of laying age. Now I'm down to 1/day... 2 are taking turns, and the 3rd decided she wanted to be a Mommy again
roll.png
I'm still getting little eggs from my bantam polish, cochins, and seramas, but they don't count for too much (I incubate all 3 of those breeds) since they aren't really for eating
wink.png

Quote:
ep.gif
not fair.

I get one egg a day, from my sweet RIR girlie - and she walks all the way to the garage to lay it in the horse hay
th.gif
I don't even have to go out in the snow to get it!
gig.gif

I wish you all where closer I have eggs everywhere, I am scrambling eggs for the dogs several times a week now. Of course they aren't complaining.
big_smile.png
I've got 24 standard size hens and get 18 to 20 eggs per day from them and thats not even counting the bantam orps.

lau.gif
lau.gif

I just got my first EGG today!! WOOHOO
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
bow.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
woot.gif
ep.gif

Here is a picture with the RIR that laid it, it is her first and I think it was large for a first egg.

I'm a very proud chicken mom right now. I kept telling the four RIR's I was going to cook chicken and dumplings for Christmas if I didn't get my first egg by Christmas! Now I know they understood. HA

Back
Top Bottom