Look honey at the deer... omg thats a coyote!

ahaha! i love how he doesn't even ask what they are for! i had a coyote get one of my ducks and i asked my friend at school that is a hunter if he could shoot something for me. he said yeah sure, what is it? wait, who is it? LOL! i started laughing so hard!! good thing you saw him before he got your birdies.

Quote:
There is your likely answer - new growth shelter. You know they can smell those chickens - 20 acres isn't that far. A coyote with his 100X sense of smell is likely drooling at that distance. And this time of year there are hungry kits to feed... and to learn about chickens if you dont put an end to it now.

I guess its a good thing I was dressed for the day or the flock would have gotten an eye full!
ep.gif

Whooooweeeee - now that was a fun bit of information, right there!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Im also curious to know what sort of gun you are talking about. Certain of them are up to the task and others, well, not so much.​

Last edited:
Quote:
The coyotes around here, and there are a lot of them, know we have chickens peacocks and goats. They also know we have dogs. We have never lost anything to a coyote, and we see coyotes almost every day.

Just in case you cant be around all the time by a live coyote trap and bait it. Then when you catch it either shoot it or take it far far far from your home and release it... although you usually dont see coyotes at that time it MIGHT have rabies or something... BE CAREFUL

Quote:
There is your likely answer - new growth shelter. You know they can smell those chickens - 20 acres isn't that far. A coyote with his 100X sense of smell is likely drooling at that distance. And this time of year there are hungry kits to feed... and to learn about chickens if you dont put an end to it now.

I guess its a good thing I was dressed for the day or the flock would have gotten an eye full!
ep.gif

Whooooweeeee - now that was a fun bit of information, right there!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Im also curious to know what sort of gun you are talking about. Certain of them are up to the task and others, well, not so much.​

I have no idea... some sort of rifle I guess. My husband will be home tomorrow, he knows!

Quote:
If you use a good stance when shooting recoil won't be a problem.
It might hurt a little but it won't knock you over.
The more you practice the more you get used to the recoil and the better you get.
Press the butt of the rifle in to you shoulder and lean froward slightly.
hold the sights on target, and gently squeeze trigger till it goes bang.
Aim for the lungs, its a bigger target than the heart and kills quickly.

Don't be scared it. Its a good idea to practice dry firing before shooting.

good stance. notice how the left foot is forward.

good stance, she handled the massive 10 gage well. I shot a one and it makes my 30-06 M1 Garand feel like BB gun.

bad shooting, don't do this.

Last edited:
Quote:
If you use a good stance when shooting recoil won't be a problem.
It might hurt a little but it won't knock you over.
The more you practice the more you get used to the recoil and the better you get.
Press the butt of the rifle in to you shoulder and lean froward slightly.
hold the sights on target, and gently squeeze trigger till it goes bang.
Aim for the lungs, its a bigger target than the heart and kills quickly.

Don't be scared it. Its a good idea to practice dry firing before shooting.

good stance. notice how the left foot is forward.

good stance, she handled the massive 10 gage well. I shot a one and it makes my 30-06 M1 Garand feel like BB gun.

bad shooting, don't do this.

I'm pretty sure I will be lucky to hit anything let alone figure out where the lungs are. But thanks for the confidence!!! If I get 'em I will let you know! Chances are we will just have a coyote running around without a tail.... hahaha
wee.gif
:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee

Back
Top Bottom