Look @ This! Look! Extremly Intersting (:

Quote:
This is what I was wondering as well. Or a chimera.

In chickens, does the male's sperm determine the gender of the resulting chick, as is the case in horses and humans, for instance?

we had a hen here that looked like a roo, we sold her. the guy said she never crowed and never layed an egg. you could tell she was a hen but everything about her acted like a roo is that sort of the same thing?

Wow! Thats really neat
big_smile.png

What type of chickens are those? I have never seen a chicken like that except for maybe a speckled Sussex but that isnt what they are.. (at least i dont think..)

Quote:
This is what I was wondering as well. Or a chimera.

In chickens, does the male's sperm determine the gender of the resulting chick, as is the case in horses and humans, for instance?

I dont think so.. I have heard people say on here the hen will decide the sex of the chick before the egg is ever laid.

Quote:
I bet so too! People probably wouldnt know what too look for. If i saw that it probably wouldn't register in my mind

Once again, BYC has added to my extensive file of totally useless but fascinating info. This makes my "fact of the day" for sure. Wow
eta: transporter malfunction

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom