Look what DH made me

What lucky ladies you are! Your DHs are so thoughtful to do that for you.

I'm not going to tell my chicks that some chickens don't live in cardboard boxes.
gig.gif

We're working on a brooder now, on the weekends, and then will turn our efforts to a real henhouse, instead of the converted doghouse we use now. If I ever find my camera, I'll post pics of the progress. I will probably have to give up a fishing trip or two to get them done, but it's worth it!

My ultimate goal is to have a garden fenced off inside the chicken run, so that any creepy-crawlies trying to get to the garden will have to get through the "chicken moat"!

Can I show this to my DH and say, "Now, here is what OTHER WIVES' HUSBANDS do for THEM. Gosh, I wish MY HUSBAND would build me some laundry shelves. Here I am without laundry room shelves, and these lucky ladies get chicken condominiums, well, I wish I was that special..."

Gorgeous!!! Both of the posters brooders!

I just made the frame for mine today (it'll be outdoors in the barn, though). These pictures have given me some ideas, but I'm in a time crunch so it won't be nearly as fancy.

Well, I do have the frame built. Now I need to figure out if I am going to raise it off the floor (I think so) and how many doors and how much I'm going to put hardware cloth on and the rest if I'm doing wood or what. hehe Choices choices!

That's a nice brooder, can I ask your hubby for plans and dimensions? What kind of lumber he used and all? I would like to build something like that for breeding pens. Thanks for sharing. He did an awesome job.

Back
Top Bottom