Look What I brought home....***PICS****

Lanissa86

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Ok. So now that I am officially chicken crazy thanks to this site...I was at the Feed store buying more scratch and hear some baby chicks in the back. My feed store usually only carries them to sell around Easter but you can order through them as well. So I HAD to go see. Well, they had like 100 Ideal 236 pullets from Ideal Poultry of course, and then they had one baby Americana/Americuana pullet! The others were sold and she was too adorable to just leave! So now We have Bambi! (she fell asleep on top of our bunny named Thumper and my son said they were friends now so he wants to name her Bambi...too cute!) My other chicks are 2 weeks almost going on three! Its amazing how BIG they are compared to her! Didn't realize they have grown SO MUCH! Guess she will be alone for a couple of weeks until she catches up in size! Here are some pics for you all to look at!!!

DSC_0856.jpg

DSC_0854.jpg

DSC_0857.jpg

DSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

DSC_0860.jpg

DSC_0861.jpg

hehehehe can I say with all due respect and complete understanding.....

Sucker!
lol.png
lol.png

Those loners will get you everytime. Cute new Bambi.

Wow, she's SOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet...and great photos BTW!

My little Ameracauna looks nothing like that! Her legs are going to be grey, I think, and she's mostly beige. LOVES to scratch the crumbles off the paper plate!!! She's VERY busy! It's like she's on a mission!! Too funny to see their little personalities developing!!

Good Luck!!

Lisa:)

Well At first this little one was so calm...after an hour of being home she is quite the JUMPER! She can already make it to the edge of the Brooder and my other chicks couldn't do this when they were her age! WOW! She is VERY Vocal too. I think its because I have her separate and she heres the older chicks in the next Brooder, thats why I put the Elmo in there. She like the Elmo, but still cries when she hears the others. The Feed store are supposed to be getting more tomorrow I believe, so I will go find her a friend around her age I guess...Here we go...more Fuzz butts! and my first ones are still so young! Will I always be buying more and more?? When does it stop! lol I am already looking at peoples Seabrights and falling in love with A LOT of Bantam breeds now and want some Bantams! I even was looking at Brooders!!!

Never was really interested in this breed, but who could REALLY say no to a cute little one like that!! She is precious, and already spoiled! Love her to pieces! I just hope I can contain myself and not over do it when I get her some little buddy or buddies! lol. Who can tell me more about this breed, are they pretty docile? Flighty? Good layers? All I really know is they lay Tinted Eggs. Any Info sure would help. BYC members you are all GREAT! Thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom