Look What I brought home....***PICS****

She is so cute. So this is why they don't want me to go to the feed store :eek:.

Bambi & Thumper, how sweet. I want another bunny
bun.gif

Quote:
Ah they are sweeties...

Ameraucana
The famous "Easter Egger" with eggshells in shades of green & blue. Originally a cross-breed of the South American "Araucana" breed and another breed, today the Ameraucanas sold by the commercial hatcheries are more like a "mix" that don't involved any purebreed Araucanas and don't adhere to breed standards. This breed is also very hardy.

Type: Standard & Bantam
Size: Medium (6-7 lbs)
Rarity: Common
Purpose: Egg-laying
Recognized Varieties: Black, Blue, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Buff, Silver, Wheaten, White

Egg Laying: Good (3/wk)
Egg Color: Green/Blue
Egg Size: Medium

Comb Type: Pea Comb
Crested: No
Feathered Feet: No
Number of Toes: 4

Hardy In Winter: Yes
Bears Confinement: Bears confinement well
Especially Docile: Yes
Setter/Broody: No
Personality: Fun

Ours is a high flyer also but a real snuggle bug. She is very vocal and chirps at you when you are holding her and talking to her. She pays attention when you are talking to her...turning her head, stretching her neck and chirping. She gives my daughter 'kisses'. You'll love her....

here are some informative links:

http://www.ameraucana.org/faq.html

http://www.centralpets.com/animals/birds/domestic_birds/dbd4921.html

Last edited:
An adorable baby, but are you sure it's an Ameraucana? All of them that I have seen (and I have a few from Ideal in my basement right now) have legs that are a greyish green, and more fuzz on their cheeks. Not trying to burst your bubble, just looks different than any that I ever had. Regardless, just a cutie! Enjoy her (or him...)

So I went back to the Feed store and turns out someone gave back four of the babies from the same day I bought Bambi! SO who could say no to four? Now I have 5! And from what everyone is telling me, they must be EE's because they are from Ideal huh? Now they had a BIG order of Ideal 236 productions that a guy was supposed to pick up but he has not payed and he may be backing down at taking them! They are all Pullets too! AHH! I need to stay away from there or I might be coming home with like 50 more! lol. Here are the new babies! Bambi's sisters!

DSC_0862.jpg

DSC_0863.jpg

DSC_0864.jpg

DSC_0865.jpg

DSC_0866.jpg

Back
Top Bottom