Look what I found under our lean-to this morning *graphic pic*

FenDruadin

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Charlotte, NC Area
37992_dead_fox.jpg

I actually feel kinda guilty. I deprived her of a duck dinner, and now look what happened.

Animal lovers hate to see any animal suffer,.. life is hard.
But I agree,. no guilt,. imagine the poor duck if it had to be caught and eaten!
It's your job to protect your animals. You have done well!

Yes, I called animal control. They didn't want to examine it, but did say they'd come pick it up if I put it at the curb. I used a shovel.

We're not directly responsible for her death--i.e., we don't do anything to kill wildlife--we just prevent them eating our livestock. So I don't really feel all that guilty, just a little sad for her. I do think she was sick--she was scruffy around the neck & there was "scat" in several locations nearby, including some still attached... which makes me think it may have been a traumatic death, but I can't imagine what would have done that to her and then left her there. So disease is still probably the cause.

Anyway--she's a beautiful animal and it was interesting to get a close look, though of course we didn't actually handle the body. She was still limber when I picked her up with the shovel, so she can't have been dead all night--it was 15 degrees out there last night. Interesting, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom