Look what I got in the mail today---

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
This is the first time I have ever gotten EGGS in the mail LOL - these are banty cochins - 14 of them - all got here in great shape - I am so exicited and nervous all at the same time -

The box was clearly marked on ALL sides

S6300450.jpg

Plenty of packing peanuts above and under the eggs

S6300451.jpg

All the eggs were bubble wrapped nice and tightly no loose eggs

S6300452.jpg

Each egg was wrapped in bubble wrap

S6300453.jpg

under all that bubble they were wrapped in a papertowel
S6300455.jpg

here they all are resting till they can be set
S6300457.jpg

I cant believe I am going to do this - this is only my second time hatching anything and my first time hatching eggs that were shipped

Julie

I am so EXICITED !!!! there is not a smiley big enough to show how happy I am - these little guys will be the start to a breeding program I have been wanting for the past year !!!!

Julie

YEAH!!! It is so much fun. I'm glad all of you out there get excited over these sorts of things. I do and I was wondering if I was crazy.
wee.gif
Guess not!!
Good luck with you hatching!

oh no you are not crazy LOL

I hatched 3 ducklings about 2 weeks ago those were my first ever hatched anythings - and when I saw that first pip I started to cry I was so happy and than when they were all hatched and I was able to hold them I started crying again LOL

now everytime I go to the brooder to visit them or feed/water it still amazes me that those little buggers hatched- they are from my own flock so it is really cute to see them and than go out and tell the mommy her babies are getting big LOL

Julie

How strange, I thought they had to stay under a light or the eggs would not be vital. how long were they in limbo or shipping? I guess what I am asking is how long will they stay alive without care?

good luck and how great is this.

pics of chicks -- of course I ant to see them LOL

Dilly - from what I know eggs can sit out for up to 7 days before you run the risk of them not hatching- these little ones were only in "limbo" about 2-3 days so they will sit on the counter for about a night and I will set them and cross my fingers and hope for the best

Julie

Back
Top Bottom