Look what I got today!....Final count! Pics!!

I actually was planning on just leaving everyone in there - I'll make the effort at candling 28 eggs a few times, but unless they are actually clear or stinky, they're staying in there....
I just wanted to see if there was anything different I should be doing?

Knowing that I actually have eggs that have a chance at hatching, I'm going to get another incubator too - probably a Genesis...
I want to set it up ahead of time and see if I can get the humidity better in that...With my LG, its either too low, or too high, I can't find a medium. It shot up to almost 70% yesterday morning, so I took some of the water sources out, and it droped back to 30%...I cant win!

Last edited:
YAY! I made the (long) effort of candling today - Out of 28 eggs (24 shipped, 4 of mine) I had 3 of the brown eggs that I couldn't tell if they were clear or not. Im going to re-candle on day 10, though I think Im pretty sure 2 of them are definitely clear.
I had 6 of the EE eggs, and the really pretty drk red/brown egg I have no idea at all. They were way too dark to tell. Though I thought I saw some movement, but really have no clue.
From mine, I tossed the 2 from my older flock. The white leghorn egg looked great! and the wl x rir I wasnt sure.

Hopefully they keep developing! Course then I think, What am I going to do with all these chicks if they hatch out?

Though at least I did learn the my young rooster is breeding with the leghorn ladies
smile.png
Though that could be bad news for my bathroom, because that means I'll be hatching as many as I can
smile.png

Updating on my hatch so far :
I'm on day 14.
The power went out Sunday night, first for 2 hours, then an hour later in the morning.

Ive had to remove 3 eggs - 2 clear, one with a blood ring with a tiny speck in the middle.
I'm pretty sure that there are chicks in 15 eggs. 2 of them I think there is something, but I'm not sure. 3 are way too dark to even begin to tell. Though I think I saw movement in them...

Though I found out that I'm going to need to order the hovabator if I want one. No one around here sells them. Though that means that I'm going to need to use my LG to hatch!
barnie.gif

It hasn't been working correctly - temp wise - and I really cant trust that the temp wont swing anymore!! I was hoping to have my new one today, so that I could switch them out before day 18..But oh well, what can you do? I'll just have to keep a super close eye on it till they hatch!

Anyway, not bad for shipped eggs! Ill be very happy if at least one hatches! I dont want to get my hopes up, just to have something go wrong, and I get less than what is alive
smile.png

Forgot to add - out of the 2 eggs that were left from my hens - One is a definite good, the other I'm still not sure about.

Last edited:
Hadn't updated yet...so here it is...

I'm on day 20 tonight. I'm hoping they will start hatching late tomorrow night (I set at 930pm). I haven't had to toss anymore, so I still had 21 good eggs at day 18
smile.png

I'm still having a horrible time with my incubator...I think the thermostat is going, so its been nothing buy problems...
I ended up ordering another LG...I wanted a hovabator, but finances wont allow it. I think the main problem on mine is the foam is falling apart....
barnie.gif

Anyway, Ill keep posted when they start hatching! Hopefully I get a few healthy chicks!

Yes, keep us updated on those babies and don't forget to provide pics.

Hope your hatch goes well and I have to say that I am a little bit jealous because mine do not hatch until the 5th. *argh* waiting is the worse part...

Definitely will post pics when they come! I'm hoping mine hatch on time! I dont want to wait until the 5th either.
smile.png

I'm way past addicted! I shouldn't have started hatching myself! Im on my 3rd hatch, with many more to come. though I've only gotten 2 chicks from them....Though the whole chicken thing has dragged me in! I now have 12 chickens in our big coop, 11 in our little, 1 barn chicken, and 15 1 week old bantys, 3 1 week old silver laced polish, and 2 2 week old standard cochins!!

It might be a bit over whelming when these chicks come!

We're actually going to take old parts from mine (and buy some new ones), and make a nicer one out of wood. I want to use a coil to heat it...

I'm not too into making the incubators like a lot of people have made - I refuse to use anything that even slightly resembles a heat lamp's use. The chicks in the bathroom have a space heater...
No heat lamps here

anyway....It's a good thing I have a great boyfriend who is good at building things...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom