Look what I just caught in my trap.......... Warning Graphic Pic!!!

I don't part with any of my hides lol. I have them all tanned and hang them in the living room. It drives my uncle crazy because he sells all of his pelts and I'm out spending money to keep mine
he.gif
No one could believe it when I started trapping...I never even held a gun until I turned 31! lol I have some of my trapping pics on my website if you'd like to see..... www.thesagefox.com
Making fur garments is ALOT of fun!! I started making custom fur hats a few months right before I tried trapping for myself....but now I'm to the point where I'm sending fur back to customers because I just don't have the time to take that many orders...guess it's one of those "be careful what you wish for" things.

If you can believe it...a tanned skunk pelt is very beautiful! Here's a hat I made from 3 skunks I took in trade for making someone a coyote hat.

7ba6dc04.jpg

6141e5ac.jpg

7b06ecf3.jpg

Last edited:

That is a GORGEOUS hat !!!!

I may live in California now, but I was born and raised in Toronto, Canada ..... and I love wearing fur!
big_smile.png

Lee

THAT is the reason I haven't set a Have-A-Heart trap to catch whatever is getting into my porch. :eek: Those things stink just walking around. When our windows are open in the summertime, I start getting whiffs if gutwretch starting at around 10:00 at night. What a weird animal.

This may or may not help.
lau.gif
I promise it works for me, but my oldest baby brother really has POWER of persuasion over me. He told me that skunks don't stink if you think of lemon juice!
lau.gif
I promise you that when I smell them now, I think of the smell of RealLemonJuice like you buy in the green bottle at the grocery store, and the smell doesn't "stink" anymore to me. Of course, I don't use lemon in my tea anymore........
lau.gif

Get a dust mask and smear vicks vapor rub all over the outside and wear it. It will cut the smell to a bearable menthol odor. You can also go to TSC or paint store and buy tyvex suits, those white bunny coverall and booties, to wear so the smell won't permeate your clothes and skin. Rubber latex gloves.
Thats what we had to do with a missing horse that we found a week later dead, bloated, full of magots. Wasn't a quick grab and bag job, took us several hours with trucks, tow straps, backhoes....still had a couple guys blowing chunks.....somehow the cold beer didn't taste as good that evening after a days hard work.
Good luck

Cory

Back
Top Bottom