Look what we caught in our trap....

FB_IMG_1574433371647.jpg
This is my security
... olliver ..
he's eliminated 4 pine Martin And 3 ermin up here in Maine to date (AND REGULARLY SCRAPS WITH CHICKEN STEALING RED FOX THAT GOT 4 HENS)
Olliver the chicken herding cat find follow and like on F.B...he has his own page

I see tons of links to trapping articles, where to buy, etc.. Very little information of how to actually set them, where, bait, lure, anchoring etc.. you know the actual important stuff.

Ask and you will receive. This is an inexpensive cubby set made out of a tote sized for bobcat, coyote and large racoons. By varying the size of the trap and what is used for a cubby, homer bucket, etc they can be down sized to catch the little freeloaders. Yes that is a CD tied to a piece of fishing line and yes that is duct tape on the botuom of the tote coated with cat nip.

20191130_164121.jpg

Oh, if only!

Having an expectation that someone would use the search function on this forum is a tad unrealistic. Only people worse are the ones that think the search function is for providing a response to a decades old post. How do they even find them and why?

AR = animal rights activists

Thanks. I was trying to understand the connection to my Colt AR-15. Lol

Ask and you will receive. This is an inexpensive cubby set made out of a tote sized for bobcat, coyote and large racoons. By varying the size of the trap and what is used for a cubby, homer bucket, etc they can be down sized to catch the little freeloaders. Yes that is a CD tied to a piece of fishing line and yes that is duct tape on the botuom of the tote coated with cat nip.

View attachment 1972979

Having an expectation that someone would use the search function on this forum is a tad unrealistic. Only people worse are the ones that think the search function is for providing a response to a decades old post. How do they even find them and why?

Thanks. I was trying to understand the connection to my Colt AR-15. Lol
I wasn’t looking for a how to. I know how to trap. My point was all the other folks making recommendations on where to buy traps but not how to set them, where to set them, anchoring, etc... Thats not a good example either especially since most are setting in relatively close proximity to pets and chickens. Plus it’s a tad overkill for a mink. Maybe a 110 or #1 FH.

I wasn’t looking for a how to. I know how to trap. My point was all the other folks making recommendations on where to buy traps but not how to set them, where to set them, anchoring, etc... Thats not a good example either especially since most are setting in relatively close proximity to pets and chickens. Plus it’s a tad overkill for a mink. Maybe a 110 or #1 FH.

As I said in my original post this is sized for bobcat, coyote and large racoons but it can be downsized to catch the small freeloaders. If i had a problem with mink or weasel i would make this sort of set. No special trap required. Just one of those old school victor rat traps. Same idea as the cubby set but pet and livestock safe. Can be set anywhere and the box plays on their natural curiosity to explore small spaces.
snap-weasel-trap.jpg

As I said in my original post this is sized for bobcat, coyote and large racoons but it can be downsized to catch the small freeloaders. If i had a problem with mink or weasel i would make this sort of set. No special trap required. Just one of those old school victor rat traps. Same idea as the cubby set but pet and livestock safe. Can be set anywhere and the box plays on their natural curiosity to explore small spaces.View attachment 1973073
They work for weasels but not for mink. For mink you’re better off having an actual mink box set with a 110. Better yet forget the box altogether and just use the 110.

UT did you lose your ID chickens?

I am ordering birds in Feb. UT- did you still have her address? we can order at the same time again...

Everyone got killed except one mix breed hen from this year. So sad.

I'm not sure when I'll be ordering chicks again. I think I might just keep an eye on the few I've got for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom