look who wandered onto my property!!! updated pics at end

She is a beauty.
I really do hope that she hasnt been taken from a nice family by someone who isnt so nice, then escaped.
Just try to keep an open mind.
Can you phone the nearest Vet and ask if anyone has lost one. Do you have microchipping there?
I really know that you will make her a lovely home there and on the other hand I would hate to think that someone is suffering a broken heart from losing her.
It would be nice for you to know her background.
I hope everything turns out. Hugs.
We dont have Australian shepherds here!!!well I havent seen one yet, could be wrong!!

Last edited:
she is gorgeous..
love.gif
I hope you get to keep her. Keep us informed on her.

It's hard to believe that a beautiful purebred like that was dumped. I know that's what you're telling yourself but it might not be the case. She might have a heartbroken family. Take her to the vet to see if she's been chipped. My guess is she has a chip and it would be cruel to the dog and her owners not to at least try to find out who she belongs to.

Bantymum, that's funny that you guys don't have AUSTRAILIAN Sheperds there.
lol.png

I think everyone is right. Just keep your eyes and ears open for any owners that may have lost her. Love her in the meantime and maybe no one will come forward.
fl.gif

Quote:
Actually the Austrailan shepherds do not come from Austrailia at all, they were bred right here in the U.S. They are called that because they were originaly bred from Australian stock dogs.

I'm totally shocked that no one came by to claim their dog last night! The sign is still up!

I'm going to the grocery store later and there is a huge cork board there that many, many people use to advertise so I'll check on it (and the one's in the feed stores) to see if anyone has lost their Aussie. I've checked her all over and there are no markings of any kind. We never kept collars on our dogs either unless a hurricane was swinging by (I'm originally from FL)

Update on her:
I let her out this morning to see how she would behave and she was very well behaved. Never paid no mind to the chickens, stayed within a few feet of me, sat every time I stopped to stand, when my 2yr old fell she immediately layed beside him and looked up at me, I walked over to the pen where my to Pyr pups are and they were going crazy wanting to sniff and get to know her. She sat at my feet and when my male pup sniffed her and started licking her nose (all he could reach) she growled at them like she was telling them to settle down and she may have thought she was protecting me. I thought it was very interesting. I don't feel comfortable allowing her to get any closer to the pups, cause they are so much bigger than she is even though they are only 6 months old and there are two of them, if they went into pack attack mode there's no way I'd be able to control the situation. Then I thought I'd try to observe her from inside my back door. She laid down on the porch and just waited. After a long time she finally got up and walked over to the kennel I kept her in last night for a bite to eat and came back to the porch to lay down again. Before starting my daily chores and tending to my 2yr old I did put her back into the kennel, I don't want her to attack my chickens and I don't know her very well. But she's been sleeping since. She sure is a nice dog. I am going to do my best to find her owners, I would be heartbroke if I was her owner and lost her, she's so wonderful. But I sort of hope I can't find them. Only time will tell.

check the boards like you said but if it belongs to someone they would be the ones advertizing for her and searching and asking everyone if they have seen her. I wouldn't go any further than that to find her owners. A caring owner would put up signs and notify vet and dog catchers, etc. You know we all would do that if we lost a pet so I wouldn't post any ads for her at all. She is a beauty and sounds like a very, very good dog.

Call your local Animal Control or Dog Pound in your area too!

You can file a "Found Dog" with them. They will, well at least out here they let you keep the dog at your place until/if an owner calls about her missing.

But, please get her checked for a chip and make sure they do a full scan on her not just over her neck and the shoulders. Any vet will do it for free.

Our pup went in for her booster shots and they check her ID Chip yearly. Her chip has now shifted into her leg!!!!

PS. We have an Aussie/Border Collie they are sweet dogs!! They also can have a strong prey drive if it is not "Checked" as a pup so glad to see you are being careful!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom