Lookie what I did last night

micstrachan

Addict
8 Years
Apr 10, 2016
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Ok, it’s just a small thing, and I know many of you have amazing giant coops and runs. I only have a 40 sq. ft. coop and ~270 sq. ft. run, but it seems to be adequate for my flock of nine, who also get lots of supervised freerange time. Anyway, the coop is a modified play structure, so it has two levels (the third level I use as a little storage shed for chicken and yard supplies).
I wanted the girls to have better ventilation without removing the solid human access door on the second level. So I made this hardware cloth door/gate and hung it on hooks over the opening when the door is fully open. It is secured with latches in three spots. I think I want to do this with the main door, too!

1C64FCFD-6169-4B63-8469-97984F574617.jpeg

Ok, it’s just a small thing, and I know many of you have amazing giant coops and runs. I only have a 40 sq. ft. coop and ~270 sq. ft. run, but it seems to be adequate for my flock of nine, who also get lots of supervised freerange time. Anyway, the coop is a modified play structure, so it has two levels (the third level I use as a little storage shed for chicken and yard supplies).
I wanted the girls to have better ventilation without removing the solid human access door on the second level. So I made this hardware cloth door/gate and hung it on hooks over the opening when the door is fully open. It is secured with latches in three spots. I think I want to do this with the main door, too!

View attachment 1441596
Awesome! Nice coop, I'm sure you have some happy chickens! Looks like you like to keep things clean, me too! I noticed those paper towels around the roosts, great idea!

Back
Top Bottom