Looking for a baby Button Quail in Indiana

Virose

Hatching
Jan 17, 2024
I've called so many places and can't seem to find any baby button quail anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where I could get a young baby button quail?

I've called so many places and can't seem to find any baby button quail anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where I could get a young baby button quail?
FWIW, I checked Craigslist for a few cities in Indiana and found no listings for button quail in the state. In fact, I found very few listings for quail in general within Indiana. There were several listings in neighboring states, but I'm not sure how far you'd be willing to drive or where you are in the state. Have you checked the Indiana's Wildlife department to verify that they even allow quail?

FWIW, I checked Craigslist for a few cities in Indiana and found no listings for button quail in the state. In fact, I found very few listings for quail in general within Indiana. There were several listings in neighboring states, but I'm not sure how far you'd be willing to drive or where you are in the state. Have you checked the Indiana's Wildlife department to verify that they even allow quail?
It's a good idea to check, but since buttons are from SE Asia, there probably aren't any licensing issues.

Does anyone have any idea where I could get a young baby button quail?
It sounds like you are looking to get just one?

@Nabiki do button quail like to live alone, or are they happier in groups or flocks? I know that chickens do best in a flock, and so do many other kinds of birds, but I do not know about button quail specifically.

It sounds like you are looking to get just one?

@Nabiki do button quail like to live alone, or are they happier in groups or flocks? I know that chickens do best in a flock, and so do many other kinds of birds, but I do not know about button quail specifically.
Buttons do best in pairs. If you have more than one pair, make sure they have plenty of space.

Back
Top Bottom