Looking for a Blue Orpington rooster

I must have got lucky. I set 14 eggs (Blue orps) and got 12. Half hatched under my broody buff and half in my bator. I got one roo here, he is a splash. They were from this forum.

Good luck with your search!

100.jpg

Well, I dont feel nearly as bad as I did. I still feel bad, but on a scale of 1 to 10 on the Feel Bad Scale, its down to 7 instead of 10. Bamachicken sent me a dozen blue orps to hatch and I didnt hatch one....not a one. So now that I know that they are touchy, I dont feel quite so bad. I have a dozen coming next week from Jim Cox, Ill be sure to post how I do. These blue beauties are touchy little devils, huh. I will say, tho, that I got a very good hatch out of my blue rocks, out of 12 I got 7, 4 splash and 3 blues.

Dont feel bad at all!!! I have had the same thing happen. Before I joined this forum, I got a few batched on EBAY, it took me 2 "no hatches" and 1 "one hatch" before i started getting good hatches. Cant guarantee it no matter what once they pass through the mail.

I think a lot of people who incubate have the same experience.

Good luck with this one.

Christina i'd greatly appreciate it if you end up with a spare, and i'd be happy to pay the shipping and the money for a bag of feed for him.

I got some eggs from Speckledhen, 8 total. I had 5 hatch, which I think is pretty good considering the roads I had to travel coming home.

Hey, Sara, if you want, when you come to deliver my hatching eggs and pick up that beautiful splash boy, I may be able to get a few more to give you, if you want. Skip the shipping and get more babies, right? I do think the Blues are a bit more delicate in regard to shipping stress, but that makes it all the more important to pack them with lots of care. And I try to do that.

Back
Top Bottom