Looking for a Blue Orpington rooster

Not if I sneak them out of your incubator first. Are they as hard to hatch unshipped?

Last edited:
Cara the first two I got took three shipments so I set over 36 to get them. I did have more success hatching some i got from a breeder and brought to my house in my car. Of course that cost over 100 dollars in Gas and time spent on the road. I am going to try hatching and shipping some for someone in Washington. I will set the eggs the first week in Mar. This will be my first attempt to ship day olds.

Maybe we need to cross these with some buff orps. Those not only hatched really well, they busted out of their eggs a day early, and I mean busted, not messing around for those buffs.
big_smile.png

Good news though. Hazelton Farms seems to be having a good hatch from eggs I shipped three weeks ago to her. Yippeee

fl.gif
I'm hoping mine will be fine to hatch next week. Hatched out 12 Spitzhauben chicks out of 16 eggs so I am hoping I would have good luck here. Shipping is HARD on hatching eggs and some people dont get anything or some will get alot.

Got four Buffs, about six MPO/MO and four RIR waiting to hatch next week. I candled them a few days ago and many of them didnt get developed, had plenty of veins but not growing at all. I think it is due to my daughter bumping the table whenever she was running thru the kitchen.
he.gif

Yesterday I had a fright, my three year old daughter went in the hatcher incubator, and took one of the Spitz chick IN BED WITH HER! Played with it too! It was too quiet for her to be playing in her bedroom, so I got up and see whats up with her. She had the blankets and all she did was to put the chick on her tummy and it chirped so loud LOL. I went in a panic thinking OMG all the chicks all over the counter! I did some chick count and all were counted for! That poor chick, hopefully it will be alright! Cant tell if she had smooched it to death or squeezed it but so far everyone this morning are alive and eating well.

Cara~ I might have a roo that I can send. You would have to wait till April till Im NPIP. I have a Splash and a Blue that are from Jim Cox eggs that Im trying to decide who to keep because I obviously dont need two from the same bloodline. I would just give him to you for the cost of shipping/box. Or he will end up in the freezer if DH husband has anything to say.

Prayers sent up for your hatch. Childdren really love the chicks. That is so cute about your Daughter

Frogtown came to my house to pick up her eggs and hatched five, three from Skye and two from Velvet. I'm not sure exactly how many I had for her, I think maybe less than ten of the Blue Orps. Sara, are you around?? Hope you can pop in and comment on the rate of hatch from your "trucked-home" eggs, LOL. She lives about two hours away from me, in S.C.

Julie, when you sent me the eggs Suede came from, I got 4 out of 6 to hatch, and those were pullet eggs, too. One was very porous, but it was also quite small and candled clear. The other developed but didn't hatch. The next batch of 12 from Jim Cox yielded only 2 chicks.

Back
Top Bottom