Looking for a few hens in the Shenandoah Valley

Have you looked on Craigslist yet? They usually have quite a few listings in the For Sale-Farm and Garden section. Good luck!
smile.png

While I have never gotten anything from there myself, my sister has and she says to email with questions, ask for pictures, talk on the phone if possible, and never go alone when you pick up something you have bought. I have actually sold items (not chicks) and fortunately, I have always had great experiences! Another option is to look on eggbid.com which is a fowl type of ebay. I just got a black orpington, ameracauna and speckled sussex pullet from www.twinofarm.com and you could also try http://www.bucabucfarm.com as she has buff orpingtons!

Quote:
Thanks-I was looking for older pullets or laying hens...the rest of my flock is regular sized birds, red sex links and white rocks, dark cornish size. Would Dutch Bantams get along with them? How old are your chicks?

i put a rooster in with my other pen and the other pen just started to attack them and the bantam was older than the others, the chicks i have are maybe 3 weeks old i have 3 of those then i have some younger ones born just a couple days ago. i have red sex links but there not laying yet but when they start i will have some chicks for sale they will be crossed with an ee tho

Last edited:
Previous poster-Thanks...I don't really have facilities to keep them separate for a long time, so maybe I just need to wait until I can find some laying hens to mix in with my flock. An EE/Red Sexlink would definitely be an interesting blend...I'd love to see pics if you grow some up! If you ever have any hens you'd like to sell for a reasonable price, let me know!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom