Looking for a hatchery

kelseyk

Free Ranging
Apr 11, 2017
SW Nebraska
I am wanting to order 6-9 chicks (combination of bantams and egg layers) and 3 ducks this spring. I was wondering if anyone knew of a hatchery that would accommodate an order that small near Nebraska. Do you think they could ship the chicks and ducklings together?

I believe Meyers does, but you may have to wait longer until it warms up a bit before they will ship smaller orders. I'm unsure if they will mix species.

I am wanting to order 6-9 chicks (combination of bantams and egg layers) and 3 ducks this spring. I was wondering if anyone knew of a hatchery that would accommodate an order that small near Nebraska. Do you think they could ship the chicks and ducklings together?
Meyer Hatchery in Ohio has very healthy chicks. I’ve had great success. The shipping rate is high on small orders. The price per duckling is high, and shipping on ducklings in exorbitant. Meyer hatches at separate facilities, so if you see desired chicks, ducklings, and goslings hatched on the same day you pay freight on each species. Meyer has chat which is very helpful. Bomgaars can order specific breeds but you must buy minimum of 15 birds. Tractor supply also has health hatchlings. I also am in Northeast NE. Columbus Hatchery has a good variety and they are friendly folks. Check out the exotic animal auctions. Hochstein Hatchery in Hartington is a smaller operation. The owner Jeff is a poultry judge. His stock is healthy.

Reynold Loecker in Yankton is an exceptional judge and bantam breeder. He is eager to help and probably can turn you on to the right place. You can find him on fb which I don’t do.

There are a number of hatcheries around the country called “Hy-Line Hatcheries”. I am unable to find any phone number for them and I can’t find info on their prices. They have a site and they claim to be a very large operation. I was considering using them but they must be very disorganized or unprofessional if they can’t find a way to get pricing info out to the public. Has anyone ever used them? Does anyone know anything factual about them?

Back
Top Bottom