Looking for a home for 6 week old pea chick in Florida

sandyyy

In the Brooder
May 24, 2020
Hi everyone 👋

I have a 6 week old pea chick that our friends found while on a walk in their neighborhood. It had just hatched (seemingly- it still had the egg hook on its beak) but mama was nowhere to be found. After looking for hours for its family, they took it home and called me since I’m the token animal lover that all my friends know.

I took it in and set it up with food and water and a heat lamp, and now six weeks later chickie is doing great and getting big. Because of quarantine I’ve been able to hang out with chickie all the time but as he gets bigger it’s becoming more and more clear that I can’t keep him forever in my house in a suburban Miami neighborhood.

I’m looking for a new home for chickie. I won’t ship him, but I’ll drive him to you if you’re in Florida. Please let me know if you know anyone that would love him.

Attachments

• AA238026-86E2-4142-B5AE-C56C8EC10149.jpeg
    AA238026-86E2-4142-B5AE-C56C8EC10149.jpeg
    597.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 362E0AA2-E52D-47C3-BCB4-792679D2B653.jpeg
    362E0AA2-E52D-47C3-BCB4-792679D2B653.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 8
  • EC257CFE-DFDC-4041-A7F8-C3FD037CF874.jpeg
    EC257CFE-DFDC-4041-A7F8-C3FD037CF874.jpeg
    621.8 KB · Views: 10
Oh, I saw Miami. Too far. :( I was going to be near Panama City next weekend and have wanted peafowl for a while.
I might be able to make the drive to Panama City work. Do you have a place for him? Can peacocks be kept together with chickens?

@Mylied are you still interested? I’ll bring him up to Panama City. I just spoke to the director of our local wildlife rescue and he said if I bring chickie to him he’ll feed him to his foxes 😭😭

@Mylied are you still interested? I’ll bring him up to Panama City. I just spoke to the director of our local wildlife rescue and he said if I bring chickie to him he’ll feed him to his foxes 😭😭
I'm interested, I just feel bad about the long drive for you. I'm going to be in Chipley on sunday. I'm from middle Ga but picking up my niece and nephew for the summer.

Peafowl have the same issue with potential blackhead and chickens that turkeys have. I have a couple turkeys and was going to let him be with them when he's bigger. They have about an acre fenced to be in and live with a donkey and a pair of goats.

I'm interested, I just feel bad about the long drive for you. I'm going to be in Chipley on sunday. I'm from middle Ga but picking up my niece and nephew for the summer.

Peafowl have the same issue with potential blackhead and chickens that turkeys have. I have a couple turkeys and was going to let him be with them when he's bigger. They have about an acre fenced to be in and live with a donkey and a pair of goats.
I’d make the drive 10 times if it meant a happy, loving home for chickie. He (or she?) is a great little bird. Tons of personality, curious, snuggly, funny.
I’m coordinating with my husband now on the drive, but we’re happy to do it. I’ll message you my phone number so we can work out the rest. Thank you ❤️

Back
Top Bottom