Looking for a Red Jungle Rooster

Watusibreeder

Hatching
Feb 4, 2015
Northeast Texas
Does anyone know where I can purchase a rooster like this one, believe it is a Red Jungle. I live in northeast Texas so anyone in the area preferred if not I would be willing to order & pay shipping.

AKA jungle fowl. I am looking for a hen. Let me know when you find one. I did find some place in San Diego one time but not since. I got mine from a person at a local swap meet some years back. When I lost her, just didn't run across any since.
OH AND
welcome-byc.gif

Going to try Cackle Hatchery in the morning. I am trying to find a colorful rooster, preferably something that you don't normally see. Do you have any other breeds you could reccommend?

I don't have roosters and cant. Local laws. When you go to their website, check the different varieties, They do show pictures of them. I can recall when I purchased some hens from a local butcher, he had BEAUTIFUL ROOSTERS for sale. They were all intended for soup.. I AM ONE OF THE FEW THAT SAID, " ITS OK, I'LL TAKE THAT ONE LIVE. Keep checking around. Many peeps offer their rooster free just for the re homing.
OH AND
welcome-byc.gif

The wild type color pattern isn't that uncommon. Gold Duckwing. He looks like a game to me.
Real Red Jungle Fowl are purported to be a bit hard to raise: fragile, disease prone, nervous.
American games are just the opposite... As long as you are only keeping one rooster or can separate them.
check around some of the other threads, look at the roosters in the pictures.
Welsummer roosters are similarly colored, (except for their yellow legs)
but as I said the color pattern is not uncommon

Back
Top Bottom