looking for a rooster

There are also so many roosters available through Petfinder! But it seems like you have enough options through here too!

I have a roo. I just got him one week ago, with some hens. I think I'm not allowed to have a roo in my town. I think he is an Easter Egger. He is cooperative. I think he hasn't been cared for well, but he responds very well. I was actually going to kill him. I wrapped him in my sweatshirt and set him on my lap. I petted him a little bit and he fell asleep on my lap. When i stretched out his neck and picked up the knife he said "chiirrrr". Then he closed his eyes and kept his neck stretched out, even though i let go of his head.
I decided it wasn't fair to kill him. I don't think he's received a lot of kindness, and he was trusting me.

So I worked on taking care of his feet. I soaked them in epsom salt. He didn't particularly want to but he didn't fight. He tried to fly away a couple of times. He was watching the sky and i looked up. There was a vulture circling, far overhead. When his girls had a squabble, he called out to them and wanted to go to them. We checked on the hens together, then i took him back to the bucket of epsom salt.

He looks really rough. I haven't found any insects on him. He does have some pin feathers, so he may be molting, but really he seems to have had his feathers picked off. His wings have been clipped, too. Not by me. The feathers that he has look like he'll be beautiful if he gets to let them grow in.
The hens hide under him.
So far, he's Red. He didn't have a name. !

He's here in New Jersey.
Poor thing. I'm glad your taking care of him. He seems to be a good boy. I bet he will be real pretty too when his feathers grow out. I can't take him but wanted to thank you for taking care of this fellow. I have several roosters I'm trying to sell currently and it is sad to see one who has suffered so much apparently. Thanks for being humane in your treatment of this guy.

I currently have four Easter egger hens, they were attacked my an Akita dog before Valentine’s Day. Today they got attacked by a hawk and this time one got hurt and was bleeding but not hurt too much but was missing feathers but because we started hitting the hawk she wasn’t dead. I live in New Jersey and I’m looking for a rooster like for example Easter egger, amerucauna, arucauna, or americana would be best, but any rooster will do that’s non aggressive towards people and will do good with other chickens. A rooster between 4-6 months would be best. My chickens are 5 months they all started laying at 4 month because we bonded to them and treat them not as a pet but as family. If you have a rooster and live nearby please either comment and add a picture of the rooster and location, or email [email protected] just send your location a picture of your rooster and a few things about it like for example does it have a name is it friendly. Thank you for reading this wish me luck getting rid of predators and if your looking to find a home for a rooster let me know please. The type of rooster I’m intrested is one that’s non aggressive, but protective like not aggressive towards my flock or me but agreesive towards predators and intruders.

I currently have four Easter egger hens, they were attacked my an Akita dog before Valentine’s Day. Today they got attacked by a hawk and this time one got hurt and was bleeding but not hurt too much but was missing feathers but because we started hitting the hawk she wasn’t dead. I live in New Jersey and I’m looking for a rooster like for example Easter egger, amerucauna, arucauna, or americana would be best, but any rooster will do that’s non aggressive towards people and will do good with other chickens. A rooster between 4-6 months would be best. My chickens are 5 months they all started laying at 4 month because we bonded to them and treat them not as a pet but as family. If you have a rooster and live nearby please either comment and add a picture of the rooster and location, or email [email protected] just send your location a picture of your rooster and a few things about it like for example does it have a name is it friendly. Thank you for reading this wish me luck getting rid of predators and if your looking to find a home for a rooster let me know please. The type of rooster I’m intrested is one that’s non aggressive, but protective like not aggressive towards my flock or me but agreesive towards predators and intruders.
We'd give you one of our ee cockerel's if we lived close enough to deliver. We have four extra cocks that we don't want.

I have two Easter Egger Roosters that we are planning to butcher only because we don’t know what to do with them. It breaks my heart to do this to them. The one is very sweet and would be wonderful for you. He is 4 months old now. He has about 18 hours to live so write back soon. Colleen from Montgomery County PA

I have two Easter Egger Roosters that we are planning to butcher only because we don’t know what to do with them. It breaks my heart to do this to them. The one is very sweet and would be wonderful for you. He is 4 months old now. He has about 18 hours to live so write back soon. Colleen from Montgomery County PA
If you might be interested, we have two Easter Egger Roos that are best friends. Any chance you could take both? I hate to separate them

Back
Top Bottom