looking for a shed in maine to use for coop

Good Luck! I found a free one this spring. I just had to clean out and haul away. I will be sure to keep an eye out for you!

Quote:
thanks i appreciate it found some on craiglist it was a add from a month ago they had 4 houses in monroe maine maybe they still have them.

When I was looking there were a lot of free or very cheap offers on metal storage sheds. However, after researching on here I decided not to go with medal. I found a 10X12 wooden shed! Does not look very pretty but sure works!

i cant help ya any..but...i just have to say..when i saw your user name...i thought of the kielbasa...
lau.gif
.....sorry...
hide.gif

Quote:
i agree wood is better one of the metal buildings at my local lowes got desroyed by the last wind storm

Yes being lightweight is one concern with metal buildings. Other problems that I have read are moisture build up and them being too cold for Maine.

you said yours is a10x12. thats about what i would like i have 15 birds. plus i could section off in the summer to raise chicks.right now i have 2 small building attached together. i just want more room . it will be nice to beable to walk around inside lol.

Yes mine is 10X12 and their outside run is 12x14. I really wish mine was bigger! HaHa..but I guess that is the problem with chickens! But now that they are full grown, have roosts up, nesting boxes, several different feeders and a large water and now even a heat lamp, their room has gotten much smaller. I do enjoy the fact that I can go in and sit with them and walk around. It makes it much easier to clean.

But....if I can find something bigger and affordable this spring...you bet I will jump right on it!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom