Looking for a simple Run tractor design

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bluelucky, May 28, 2012.

1. bluelucky

bluelucky In the Brooder

Apr 20, 2012
    Indianapolis, Inidana
    I was wondering if there is anyone who has made just a portable tractor built as a run only? No box just a portable run?? I am just looking for some Ideas for one to build.. I have 7-6 week old RIR....

Thanks,
    Michael

2. mnferalkitty

mnferalkitty Songster

May 17, 2012
    Minnesota
    Pvc pipe and wire thats it and the wire is put on with cable ties/zip strips

3. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Songster

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)

[FONT=Papyrus, cursive]Its 3by 8ft and its easyish to move, and cost $200 to build. PM me for more info.
    [​IMG]
    [/FONT]​

4. Jaxon4141

Jaxon4141 Chirping

Feb 18, 2012
    Nebraska
    I use 2"x4" welded wire fencing to build portable runs for my garden setup. Each section is 5'x5'x2' and can be butted together to form long runs.
    [​IMG]
    This set up has four run section and one coop section. I have set them up to cover whatever size of bed is needed to the chickens to do there work on an area. Runs are made from two 2' pieces and one 7' piece of fencing. Run are easy to make and light enough to move individually, but when put down it is heavy and predator safe. I have been using this system for a while and have lot of predators in the area. See my default album for more picture of how these are built if you are interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: