*Looking for a super Banana Bread/cake recipe!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Redsquirrel, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel Songster

Mar 24, 2009
    Burnsville, Minnesota
    Anyone have a yummy Banana bread or cake recipe that is different from the basic ones around? Muffins work too [​IMG] Seem to have an excess of over ripe bananas at the moment [​IMG] Thanks

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  2. lux_interior

lux_interior Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Banana-Bread/Detail.aspx

I
    make this one. It's AMAZING. it seems so simple but it's so good. I use canola oil instead of the butter though. But it's moist and it stays moist, and everyone who eats it when I make it thinks I'm awesome, but it's really someone else's recipe [​IMG]

3. Holly O

Holly O Songster

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    The basic one is fine ...
    I use Veg. oil instead of butter or margarine etc.
    I vary what I put in it ... Chocolate chips, Nuts. Peanut butter icing is great on the Cake, or sprinkle with brown sugar before baking a loaf.

You can freeze bananas to use later in baking. Just put them in the freezer peal and all.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  4. Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel Songster

Mar 24, 2009
    Burnsville, Minnesota
    Sounds like a good recipe, Lux, thanks. Wow, I didn't know you could freeze banana's-wonder how I missed that one. [​IMG]

5. PeggySue

PeggySue Songster

Jun 1, 2009
    Quote:That's the exact same recipe I used last night, I do use the butter though, and I always add tons of cinnamon and I had some nutmeg, so I grated some of that in there too. And pecans, tossed those in as well.
    Baked it in my Grandma's iron skillet outside on the gas grill.
    Am having a piece right now with my coffee before heading off to work!![​IMG]

6. Buckhorn Farm

Buckhorn Farm OLD Country Girl

Mar 30, 2009
    North Florida
  7. Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel Songster

Mar 24, 2009
    Burnsville, Minnesota
    Thanks for all your help, will try these out-now to baking-well tomorrow i guess-it's way too late right now [​IMG]
    Dang, that pineapple one sounds tooo yummy!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: