Looking for advice for critical condition hen after a mite infestation

I'm sorry to hear that your chicken did not live. You tried everything! Sadly, I just had a chicken die today, and feel that I tried everything, too. We weren't sure about what to do with her body, as we don't know what she died from. She was quarantined from the other birds. I read about incineration rather than burying her...I would prefer to know what she died from, to understand better for my next sick bird. Where did you send her for the necropsy? Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear that your chicken did not live. You tried everything! Sadly, I just had a chicken die today, and feel that I tried everything, too. We weren't sure about what to do with her body, as we don't know what she died from. She was quarantined from the other birds. I read about incineration rather than burying her...I would prefer to know what she died from, to understand better for my next sick bird. Where did you send her for the necropsy? Thank you.
Welcome To BYC
I'm sorry to hear that your chicken died.
If you want to send for necropsy, refrigerate the body and send to your state lab. You don't have your state in your profile, so you can can look up your lab in the link below.

https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

Back
Top Bottom