Looking for advice please. On day 25, loads of movement in eggs but no pips!

Thank you! Definitely not muddled up as I had marked them with sharpie the day they went under and no ducks.
I went out this morning to recandle as was starting to doubt myself about seeing the movement if they looked like they weren't as far on and one has internally peeped and is chirping šŸ„³šŸ˜. This is day 26! šŸ˜Æ
Very exciting
Keep us posted

My hens hatch chicks in freezing temperatures all winter and I have never had a delay. Did she have more eggs than she could properly sit on? Maybe eggs were on the edges so we're cool, but not to cool? It would also explain the few that stopped part way. Just a thought if you're sure these eggs were marked.

Thank you for your reply šŸ˜Š yes very sure it was the 27th she started to sit properly so if I am right in working it out I'm making today day 25.
When I candled this morning there was definitely lots of movement and fluttering, can still see a little veining between the chick and air sack but I'm definitely very new to trying candling.
Thanks for the article, looks like I shouldn't even think about helping at all unless they have internally pipped?
Im quite confused I thought for sure by now they weren't going to hatch so was really surprised when I saw them moving!

Back
Top Bottom