Looking for Black Copper Marans

lovingchicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
Upstate SC
Hi! I live in the upstate of South Carolina and I currently have 5 Black Coppers. From the look of it I will have 2 hens and 3 roosters. I really need to even them of so that I can keep a couple roosters. Does anyone know where i can get Black Copper Maran pullets?? I know it is VERY hard to find them much less find them already sexed. I am just hoping to get lucky on this. Can anybody help? Any ideas?

You can haunt Meyer's Hatchery's website on Mondays to see if they have any extras than what they pre-sold.

Yup - I checked early on Monday and there wasn't anything, but then around 10-11am they posted lots, though they only had a few of each. I got 3 blue americauna's & 3 blue copper marans (2 hens & 1 rooster) that just came today :)

Oh awesome! Thank you sooooo much!
ya.gif

Local breeder stock is often much better than hatchery birds,,, especially when it comes to Black Copper Marans, I can only you look closer to home, there has to be someone within reasonable distance that can sell you more decent quality.

Just my opinion.

Thanks I have heard the same thing from other people about getting them from a breeder. The 5 I have did come from a local breeder very close to where I live. But he will only sell them as straight run and I am kinda new to this so I don't know what to do with all the extra roosters. Buying them from a breeder was great cause we got to see the eggs they hatched out of and everything:)

thefancychicken.com is a breeder here in Florida that has come HIGHLY recommended by another friend breeder of ours as well as a feed store that orders several from them. I don't know if they ship but they are super friendly and do sex them and prefer to sell them at 1 month old...

Back
Top Bottom