Looking for Black Copper Marans

lovingchicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
Upstate SC
Hi! I live in the upstate of South Carolina and I currently have 5 Black Coppers. From the look of it I will have 2 hens and 3 roosters. I really need to even them of so that I can keep a couple roosters. Does anyone know where i can get Black Copper Maran pullets?? I know it is VERY hard to find them much less find them already sexed. I am just hoping to get lucky on this. Can anybody help? Any ideas?

gonyere

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
You can haunt Meyer's Hatchery's website on Mondays to see if they have any extras than what they pre-sold.

gonyere

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Yup - I checked early on Monday and there wasn't anything, but then around 10-11am they posted lots, though they only had a few of each. I got 3 blue americauna's & 3 blue copper marans (2 hens & 1 rooster) that just came today :)

lovingchicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
Upstate SC
Oh awesome! Thank you sooooo much!
ya.gif

Ray from PA

Chirping
7 Years
May 8, 2012
Berks county Pennsylvania
Local breeder stock is often much better than hatchery birds,,, especially when it comes to Black Copper Marans, I can only you look closer to home, there has to be someone within reasonable distance that can sell you more decent quality.

Just my opinion.

lovingchicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
Upstate SC
Thanks I have heard the same thing from other people about getting them from a breeder. The 5 I have did come from a local breeder very close to where I live. But he will only sell them as straight run and I am kinda new to this so I don't know what to do with all the extra roosters. Buying them from a breeder was great cause we got to see the eggs they hatched out of and everything:)

NewbeeDoo

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 1, 2013
thefancychicken.com is a breeder here in Florida that has come HIGHLY recommended by another friend breeder of ours as well as a feed store that orders several from them. I don't know if they ship but they are super friendly and do sex them and prefer to sell them at 1 month old...

Top Bottom