Looking for breeder quality Buckeye hatching eggs

Thanks for the wonderful endorsement Karen! The young Buckeye hens are still laying smallish eggs. I reckon by time the weather is warm enough to safely ship eggs, theirs will be normal size. I have been resaerching the best methods for shipping eggs and to going rates for Buckeye hatching eggs. Someone on Ebay just had some for $36.00 a dozen. Since we only have three Buckeye hens I might have to sell only 6 to 8 at a time. We've had several requests for their eggs so it'll have to be first come, first serve. Our Buckeyes came from Fields Funny Farm as week old and day old chicks and have been pampered and babied ever since! Our roosters are so tame we can pick them up and play with them! The hens will come to us and jump on our laps for cuddles but they don't like to be picked up. Fields Funny Farm is one of the only two sanctioned Buckeye breeders in Va. Hopefully one day our farm will be too as we acquire more birds to breed and continue to improve our line. For now we are only breeding the biggest and best roosters with our beautiful ladies, the other roosters (that are not being re-homed) are being kept with our hens for laying eating eggs as their protectors. It is so hard to part with our roosters as they have so much personality and are so beautiful!

I want to enclose a photo of our Buckeyes but I don't how on this forum!

Rene.

Back
Top Bottom