Looking for camera for coop

I have the same issue on receiving the WiFi signal with my ring battery operated camera. But it seems to come and go. I downloaded WiFi Signal Strength Meter for Android from the Play store. It works really well. I am right at the edge of my WiFi signal. It takes about a 50 % signal to maintain the connect but I still have times when it does't work. Oh, my coop is completely enclosed in 1/2 inch hardware cloth also.

I have the same issue on receiving the WiFi signal with my ring battery operated camera. But it seems to come and go. I downloaded WiFi Signal Strength Meter for Android from the Play store. It works really well. I am right at the edge of my WiFi signal. It takes about a 50 % signal to maintain the connect but I still have times when it does't work. Oh, my coop is completely enclosed in 1/2 inch hardware cloth also.

Mine come and go as well. I'm not sure, but I believe it's when I'm not at home it worse which is when my poor internet upload speed would be the issue. I think when I'm at home and it's always reliable it's just using my local wifi.

Hopefully getting fibre in the next 12 months so I'm sure this will fix all my problems! :lau

I have three types of cameras here for the Stables:
n
1) a PoE Dahua PTZ with 12x zoom outside to see the paddocks and horses (awesome - can see the raindrops when it rains!);

2) Swann Wifi cameras in the stalls - AWESOME cameras with 2 way audio and IR night vision - I can scream at the horses when they are being bad hahaha,

3) and I recently bought a Reolink that is also a PoE (which I can use with the Swann's app) that has only 1 way audio - I am not as happy with the Reolink but it does the job of covering the alleyway of the stables - I can see the chickens running about during the day also.

Oh FYI PoE stands for Power over Ethernet (you only need an ethernet cable run to power the camera.

I am toying with the idea of getting a Reolink E1 Pan/tilt to put in my Hen House so I can see the feathered critters at night (ya I have no life haha).

If anyone is interested in learning how I have internet in my Stables (~350' from the house) let me know, I can help you with some suggestions.

I'm 3 miles from two larger towns and am still stuck with internet over the cell phone thru AT&T.. But it is better than the satellite I had before.
I put an omni-directional antenna up a 65' tower here and get fairly decent internet (I too have to use cellular technology for internet here in Farm Country). You can also get a signal booster to help - I suggest Fusion for Home. Expensive but might help.

Mine come and go as well. I'm not sure, but I believe it's when I'm not at home it worse which is when my poor internet upload speed would be the issue. I think when I'm at home and it's always reliable it's just using my local wifi.

Hopefully getting fibre in the next 12 months so I'm sure this will fix all my problems! :lau
See if you can put your camera on sub-stream, that will reduce the amt of data being transmitted, also make sure you get cameras that have H.256 or h.265 for your cameras (this is video compression - makes for a smaller data compression.

I have thought about a booster for my internet but I don't think AT&T will allow it with the router I have to use (theirs). At least if it does I cannot figure it out.
should be a port on that unit to plug in things like an external antenna and such. Might have to call their 'helpless desk' to find out.

We have Arlo cameras, w/wifi. They are great, but when it gets cold enough, they don’t work-I cannot remember how cold, somewhere below 0° F. Check whatever you get for cold weather, if that is an issue where you are.

There are several ports for cables. I tried to connect another router set up to relay or extend the wifi to the barn but it never worked. I can never wait long enough on hold (ignore?) to talk to a real person.

Back
Top Bottom