Looking for cayuga ducklings for sale in georgia

mag 29

Hatching
Mar 11, 2018
I live in the athens area (Georgia) and I am in search of Cayuga ducklings. I want 5 less than three week old females and am willing to pay 8$ each (though you can contact me to negotiate that). I can drive an hour to an hour an a half away but any further than that and you would half to meet me partway. If you have any or know someone who does I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I live in the athens area and I am in search of Cayuga ducklings. I want 5 less than three week old females and am willing to pay 8$ each (though you can contact me to negotiate that). I can drive an hour to an hour an a half away but any further than that and you would half to meet me partway. If you have any or know someone who does I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Athens where??? Which state, country?

Did you find any Cayuga ducklings nearby? I have not been able to source any in the Athens area. I ordered some from what I thought was a mid-west hatchery but they still came from California and it was disastrous. Very sneaky of the hatchery as well as they do not tell you they are coming from CA like I have seen other hatcheries be up front about and the box had their address as return. But the package tracked out of CA. 3 out of my 4 Cayuga ducklings died in shipment (and 2 Welsh Harlequins.) I still have 5 but was looking to have 7-8.

They will replace or refund. I actually think the cold air up at the level air cargo planes fly probably was the culprit - they allegedly maintain 45F at minimum to keep liquid, medicine, etc from freezing but that's still pretty cold for little ducklings. There was no heating pad in the box. When I initially expressed concern about them coming from CA, they told me they were well packed in a special box. There was nothing special about the box except some air holes. There was straw at the bottom and a cup I guess contained grow gel at one time but nothing else. They claim losing 5 is very unusual (though it is exactly what I suspected might happen.) I am waiting 48 hours to make sure the rest are ok (though they are very lively this morning.) Really want more Cayugas but no one in a 3 hr driving range seems to have them (incl AL, NC, SC, and eastern TN!) so am torn on refund or replace.

Cayuga seems to be a hard duck to find even in the area of New York that they hail from. I have been looking for either hatching eggs or ducklings but nothing has been available unless I ship from the West coast.

Cayuga seems to be a hard duck to find even in the area of New York that they hail from. I have been looking for either hatching eggs or ducklings but nothing has been available unless I ship from the West coast.
I actually found some Cayugas in Pink Hill NC (a place called Limestone Farms & Hatchery) but it's still a 7 hour drive for me & they don't ship. A little road trip would be fun but am not driving 14 hours in a day and can't take the time/money for an overnight trip right this moment.

Back
Top Bottom