Looking for chicken, goose, mud and general newby advise

Of course you want your goose to be happy! We had problems here with lots of predators and the worst one was stray dogs coming and killing our free range chickens. We bought a 350' roll of 4' fencing and posts and just made the biggest "run" we could with it. Now, even though the "run" is not enclosed it gives them protection from dogs, daytime coyotes and foxes. It was a lot of work, it wasn't cheap, but I'm very happy we did it. Now the chickens have a HUGE enclosed run where they are safe and I don't have to be concerned about them anymore! They do have a totally enclosed run and coop for the night, and I lock them in. Enjoy your new friends! :lol:

I didn't even think about that, but there are stray dogs about too. Your chickens sound very lucky! Eventually we might be able to afford more, but we will do our best for now. Thank you!

If it smells, try putting sweet pdz down from the feed store. It’s a white granular substance and cuts the odor down. You could substantially increase the goose area if you connected 100 ft of welded wire fencing to the coop. And let the goose have some free time away from the chickens. It would cost around $50 for the fencing.:confused:

What kind of 4' fencing did you use?
We used the RedBrand sheep and goat fencing. It's got 4" x 4" grid to it.
fenceing.jpg chickens behind fence.jpg

Back
Top Bottom