Looking for Chicken Hiding Places DIY project info

Day 3 of the pullets area being open. It is about 3 ft wide and a total of 10 ft long. Now the top is open and an opening on each end.
The 3 youngens stick very close to each other, giving the 6 Big Girls a wide birth. I have noticed some loud squawks from the 3, but it is seems like a "oh crap I'm scared of you" not really pain induced. I do have some tail feathers here and there but all this really tells me is I need to not study this situation so much. They really are going to be fine.

Thank you all for your advise.

:thumbsup Now, just don't go into the Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries Forum, okay?!! It can scare folks to death reading about things in there, many of which will never happen in your flock. Stay out! (Just kidding.) Kinda sorta. ;) Really. I used to wander in there, scanning for things I thought would pertain to my flock. "All these things go wrong with chickens?" I thought. "Hmmm, worming...That sounds pretty normal..... Oh, no, what is gape worm? And EYE worms?!?!!" Really traumatic. How the heck was I gonna be able to protect my chickens from all these things? Bumble foot? Infectious peritonitis? :rolleyes: So stay out of Emergencies unless you absolutely have to research something because there are symptoms presented by one of your flock members. :) :hugs

Gryeyes

I don't read any forum that has anything to do with blood, guts, death or decapatation. So thank you for the warning, but way ahead of you.

Have a great day
Janelyn

Glad to hear things are going well! I think the younger birds make a lot of noise as a submissive thing, like you said "I'm scared of you, see how much you scare me and I am so NOT challenging you as I frantically try to escape your potential wrath!". When usually all the older hen did was say "hey punk, it's my turn to eat".

Back
Top Bottom