1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking For Chicken Shows, Swap Meets And W/E Else In Kentucky

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Dewey101, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Dewey101

Dewey101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    Elizabethtown,KY
    Im from ElizabethTown Kentucky and Iam VERY New to this whole Chicken raising thing. I Have around 13 chickens of a very good assortment, and I also have 9 Rhode Island Red Chicks. Dad has 25 young quail, 4 ringnecks (2 being very young) 2 chukar, and 2 yellow golden pheasants.
    The only place I know around here to get anything is the Chicken Sale in Sheperdsville.
    I would love to find out other places where i can check some out and maybe check some shows.
    Any help would be very helpful
    Thank You!!!

2. Kentucky~Momma

Kentucky~Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    South Central Kentucky
    There is flea market in Greenville that has some chickens. Its every Tuesday and the first Monday of each month.

I was there this week and it was pretty bare.
    Spring and summer are a lot better

3. wyldehorses

wyldehorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Kentucky
    If you can talk your Dad into taking you to the Ohio Nationals, it' s a very good opportunity to see and purchase exhibition type poultry.
    Yolonda

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  4. turbo

turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2007
    Eastview, Ky
    Try Leitchfield, KY stockyard on wed. mornings, get there right at daybreak to find the best birds, plus it is only about 12 miles from you on Hwy 62.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by