Looking for chickens

SherylGallant

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 3, 2009
Gallant
While I am not really new to this forum, I rarely post or I haven't in a long time. I do read here a lot, however. I think I will start to post as well.

Does anyone know where I can buy pullets, ready-to-lay in central Ontario, North York up through Orillia area? I know Frey's is there but I want pullets and the only kind they sell at that age are the Shaver red sex link. I like them and have them, but I want chickens that will sit on and hatch their own eggs and these do not do that. I want good eggs layers that will lay large brown eggs thorugh the winter with supplementary lighting.

If anyone has some that age for sale or knows where I can order them, please let me know and thank you.

Good morning and
welcome-byc.gif
. You might put this post on Chicken Breeders and Hatcheries. You are more likely to get an answer to your question. Best of luck to you in getting the chickens you want.
thumbsup.gif
P.S. I'm going to have to look up where Gallant is.

welcome-byc.gif

There is a "wanted" thread here. Maybe post there. There are probably many folks around you who either have birds they wouldn't mind parting with or know someone.
Good Luck!

Last edited:
If you're looking for great egg layers with brown eggs, you should take a look into the Rhode Island Red breed. I don't know if there will be much around you but the breed is well known for laying lots of big, brown eggs. Good luck with the hunt!

Back
Top Bottom