looking for coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by tomjul811, Mar 10, 2009.

1. tomjul811

tomjul811 New Egg

Jan 8, 2009
    anyone seen this coop for sale in the U.S.
    [​IMG]

Before everyone starts I know its built in China. It seems to have great reviews in the UK. and is very cheap over there.

2. no i haven't saw it but it looks like a neat lil coop.Would be good for moving around .Looks to me like it would be pretty simple to build one something like that.Great weekend project [​IMG]

Fay

3. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I think there might be a company that imports them into the US on the east coast and sells them on ebay.

4. Gregory

Gregory Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    I have seen similar on eBay.

5. Suburban chick farmer 09

Suburban chick farmer 09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    It looks nice but things made in China don't ever seem to be of the best quality. Keep that in mind if you have predators around.

6. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    That would be a cheap and easy weekend build.

7. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

We haveone of the Chicken Hutches, which is also made in China. We use it indoors exclusively. I think those are nice LOOKING coops but would not stand up to rain or wind very well. From my experience assembling the Hutch: it's not the best wood and splits easy... If you can find someone locally that can build one LIKE that one but out of pine boards or heavy plywood you would be a lot better off in the long run.

Easy and fast is not always a good thing when it comes to housing and protecting your young un's....

Good Luck

Michael

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I love it. I think I will show hubby this picture and have him build me one! It won't be a weekend job for us but maybe get it done in a month. I would build it a little bigger...maybe enough for six silkies [​IMG]

9. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

There used to be an Asian girl who would post about this coop. Apparently her family, or the company she worked for manufactured them. I think the mod's closed a few of her threads due to spamming, but I think a few of them were left open. Perhaps you could search the BST history. This was back in September or later.

10. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    I built one by myself that looks very similar to that (just not as fancy). I did it in 2 days and made up my own plans. I'm not a builder, actually I'm an office mgr standing at a whopping 5'5", so I'm sure you could very easily build one yourself. My coop is very sturdy and stood up to some very high winds. It also has wheels, so it can be moved around. Where are you located? I just built a larger 4' x 8' x 7' coop and I was thinking about posting my little one on craigslist.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by