Looking for Copper Maran hens

conroy

Songster
11 Years
Oct 10, 2008
Would like to purchase a couple copper maran hens....no roosters we have too many already.
smile.png

KK will do. I am still a newbie on this site. So Ill try to repost in general area. lol And I'll definitely let you know if I find any.

LOL see I told you I was a noob. I live on Long Island, there are not many chicken people around. But I will try.

Quote:
Good heavens I remember when "Long Island" was actually a place that was rich with farms..... Sorry I know it's off topic but I just had to comment.

Quote:
Good heavens I remember when "Long Island" was actually a place that was rich with farms..... Sorry I know it's off topic but I just had to comment.

Continuing the off topic....It still is, but there are LOTS of wineries and still some agricultural farms, but NYC sure is spreading out there! MY MIL lives on the south shore and we are there a couple times of year. Keep in touch with me conroy, I may be able to help you out in the spring.....

Quote:

Continuing the off topic....It still is, but there are LOTS of wineries and still some agricultural farms, but NYC sure is spreading out there! MY MIL lives on the south shore and we are there a couple times of year. Keep in touch with me conroy, I may be able to help you out in the spring.....

Well I thank you for the reassurance it did my heart good. I think so many of the old farm areas have just turned into "suburbia homes" and I've heard that just like here in NJ that's what's happening out in LI. It's very sad. Where there was once corn as far as the eye could see is now a "new development". Thank you so for letting me know there's still some farmland out there.

THANKS MOM2COOL

I'll definitely keep you in mind. We picked up 4 hens today - 2 Australorps and 2 Barred Rock from that Craig's List listing. And he took one of my cockerels which was great. I'm gonna try to add some pics to this. LOL

OK I can't figure out how to do the pics....but I'll keep trying.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom