Looking for duck experts for national magazine articles

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Kyra, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Kyra

Kyra New Egg

Sep 16, 2013
    Hi Everyone:

I am a writer for a new magazine ("Ducks") coming out next year. It is part of the "Hobby Farms" series (http://www.hobbyfarms.com/publications.aspx). I'm looking to interview some duck experts for three stories I'm working on. I'd love to speak to you about why people should own ducks, the perks of owning ducks, how to spend quality time with your ducks and some top mistakes new duck owners make.

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].

Thank you

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Good morning, Kyra [​IMG]

A couple of people you might consider are David Holderread (author of Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks) and Carol Deppe, author of The Resilient Gardener. David has raised many different breeds, and Carol has Anconas, if I recall correctly.

You might want to browse through the archives a bit, yourself, and the Stickies for some background to help you.

Have you ever had ducks?

3. Kyra

Kyra New Egg

Sep 16, 2013
    Hi Amiga:

Thank you for the leads! I appreciate it. I will try to contact both of those people. I will also check out past posts here on the board. I have never owned ducks before, so I assume I will learn a lot myself from writing this article. [​IMG]

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I don't own ducks, but I would like to know when the magazine gets published and where I can find individual issues.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  5. Kyra

Kyra New Egg

Sep 16, 2013
    It will be published early next year. Issues can be found at larger newsstands and through the http://www.hobbyfarms.com/ website.

6. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Kyra, I would be happy to be a part of your writing and research!
    I own and operate a small (tiny compared to Holderreads and Metzers) waterfowl farm in southern Maine. I would be happy to share my stories and experiences with you!
    I can be reached at [email protected]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by