Looking for duck experts for national magazine articles

Kyra

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 16, 2013
Hi Everyone:

I am a writer for a new magazine ("Ducks") coming out next year. It is part of the "Hobby Farms" series (http://www.hobbyfarms.com/publications.aspx). I'm looking to interview some duck experts for three stories I'm working on. I'd love to speak to you about why people should own ducks, the perks of owning ducks, how to spend quality time with your ducks and some top mistakes new duck owners make.

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].

Thank you

Good morning, Kyra
smile.png

A couple of people you might consider are David Holderread (author of Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks) and Carol Deppe, author of The Resilient Gardener. David has raised many different breeds, and Carol has Anconas, if I recall correctly.

You might want to browse through the archives a bit, yourself, and the Stickies for some background to help you.

Have you ever had ducks?

Hi Amiga:

Thank you for the leads! I appreciate it. I will try to contact both of those people. I will also check out past posts here on the board. I have never owned ducks before, so I assume I will learn a lot myself from writing this article.
smile.png

I don't own ducks, but I would like to know when the magazine gets published and where I can find individual issues.

Last edited:
Kyra, I would be happy to be a part of your writing and research!
I own and operate a small (tiny compared to Holderreads and Metzers) waterfowl farm in southern Maine. I would be happy to share my stories and experiences with you!
I can be reached at [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom