Looking for farm dog in IN

Depends on what you are looking for. I have never knowingly bought any dog from a puppy mill, but I have paid substantial amounts to get a dog from a reputable breeder. Why? Because I wanted a puppy of that particular breed and I wanted a puppy that would be free of hip dysplasia and was bred for temperament and general soundness. Most of the time they had a health guarantee. To me it was worth it.
I agree. I am willing to pay a lot of money for the time and effort a breeder put into their program. I want a dog that was bred for sound health and temperament that meets the standard for breed.

I don't want to start a fight but if you google "pitbull attacks" then you get some nasty things. And with the many random movements of the kids in my house it is not worth the risk.
I'm sure you would get the same results if you google any attack by dogs.
An interesting thing about pit bulls is in years past they were called nanny dogs and were used to guard and protect children. I don't know what happened to the breed but something sure has.
I know, like it used to be dobermans, then it was german shepherds, and now it's pit bulls. Within a few years it'll probably change to another dog (watch it be husky 😂)

Pit bulls are just the "bad dog" people say because people have used them for dog fighting due to their strength, but in reality you can do that same thing with a german shepherd or a rottweiler, everyone is just beefing on pits right now when they are really super lovable.

It's just how you raise the dog.

But yes you need to get a fixed dog. I work with the animal shelter and you have no idea how much of a problem it is when people don't get them fixed. It is actually a law for some states that rescues can't adopt dogs or cats out unless they are fixed due to overpopulation and homeless animals.

FYI irresponsible people get pregnant dogs, not responsible ones.. Ok?

I suggest an Australian Cattle dog, Or an Australian shepherd. They are hardy, they are good family dogs, and they get along great with livestock when properly trained
Just about to say this. They make the best farm animals and most popular with living on farms/ranches

I am not really looking for one breeds (heck I kinda prefer mix breeds) But kinda want a pup from a farm were the parents are working, and have proven them selves. Also because I am buying the pup (and I an a teen so I don't have a job yet) The price is under 100$.
Most likely you're not going to find a puppy for under $100 unless the person is REALLY desperate to get rid of it and even it's under $100 it's probably not the healthiest dog. More money the better the quality. I can only suggest petfinder.com

I know, like it used to be dobermans, then it was german shepherds, and now it's pit bulls. Within a few years it'll probably change to another dog (watch it be husky 😂)

Pit bulls are just the "bad dog" people say because people have used them for dog fighting due to their strength, but in reality you can do that same thing with a german shepherd or a rottweiler, everyone is just beefing on pits right now when they are really super lovable.

It's just how you raise the dog.

But yes you need to get a fixed dog. I work with the animal shelter and you have no idea how much of a problem it is when people don't get them fixed. It is actually a law for some states that rescues can't adopt dogs or cats out unless they are fixed due to overpopulation and homeless animals.
It is not have you raise the dog, because if it was the almost all the pit bulls owners would be awful.
In the 15-year period of 2005 through 2019, canines killed 521 Americans. Pit bulls contributed to 66% (346) of these deaths. Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers contributed to 76% of the total recorded deaths. source: https://blog.dogsbite.org/2021/03/boy-killed-mother-injured-violent-dog-attack-carteret.html

It is not have you raise the dog, because if it was the almost all the pit bulls owners would be awful.
In the 15-year period of 2005 through 2019, canines killed 521 Americans. Pit bulls contributed to 66% (346) of these deaths. Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers contributed to 76% of the total recorded deaths. source: https://blog.dogsbite.org/2021/03/boy-killed-mother-injured-violent-dog-attack-carteret.html
“Pit bull” is NOT a breed. At least not in the sense that most people use it in. The only pit bull is the American Pit Bull Terrier. Anything else is not. People don’t know what a true pit bull even is and call anything with a blocky head a pit bull. So those statistics are extremely skewed.

That would be like saying “retrievers” or “hounds” are responsible for those deaths when in reality there are MANY different breeds of retrievers and hounds just like there are also MANY different bully breeds. And that’s not even including all the bully breed mixes running around.

None of which are pit bulls, btw, cause that isn’t even a thing. The dogs in that story are also NOT pit bulls. They look like bully breed mixes to me.

And they are very clearly owned by an extremely idiotic and irresponsible owner who let them run free and who knew they were aggressive and did nothing about it. Did you read the story? The dogs weren’t even owned by that family so if you’re trying to say they turned on the family, that’s not true.

There is only ONE “pit bull” breed and that is the American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) which are actually quite lean, fit dogs unlike what most people think. Anything is either a mutt or an entirely different breed altogether.

Pit bulls get a ridiculously bad rep and it’s not fair because the vast majority of those dogs in the attacks aren’t even pit bulls. Every other dog on the lists is specified by breed and even down to specific types like “American” Cocker Spaniel over English yet the bully breeds just get lumped together as “pit bull.” It makes no sense and it purposely skews the results. It doesn’t help though that people call their own dogs pit bulls even if they are not.

Anyway, those statistics are extremely skewed and well bred bully breeds are great. Random mutts are not.

Most likely you're not going to find a puppy for under $100 unless the person is REALLY desperate to get rid of it and even it's under $100 it's probably not the healthiest dog. More money the better the quality. I can only suggest petfinder.com
I perused petfinder extensively when we were looking for a dog, and all of the animals offered on there are spayed / neutered.

Back
Top Bottom